Where to download Quicken 2007 Mac 16.2.4?

kohster
kohster Member ✭✭
Greetings everyone! I have an old installer of Quicken 2007 for Mac that installs 16.1.7. I just set up a Mojave virtual machine to continue running Quicken 2007 on top of Catalina and Big Sur, and I forgot that there was a later version of Quicken 2007 (16.2.4). The app automatically updates itself after first launch, but ideally what I'd like to have is a standalone installer for 16.2.4 so that I don't have to rely on Quicken's update servers staying up in case I ever need to do fresh installs again. Is there an official download available anywhere on the support site? In the meantime I have backups of the actual 16.2.4 application file that I can keep around as well.

Thanks!

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Just keep a copy of the application file. That is all you need, and all the installer really "installed."

That program is quite old and unsupported, so, I wouldn't rely on a download source. Your backup of the app will suffice. 

• RalphS
    RalphS Member ✭✭
    > @kohster said:
    > Greetings everyone! I have an old installer of Quicken 2007 for Mac that installs 16.1.7. I just set up a Mojave virtual machine to continue running Quicken 2007 on top of Catalina and Big Sur, and I forgot that there was a later version of Quicken 2007 (16.2.4). The app automatically updates itself after first launch, but ideally what I'd like to have is a standalone installer for 16.2.4 so that I don't have to rely on Quicken's update servers staying up in case I ever need to do fresh installs again. Is there an official download available anywhere on the support site? In the meantime I have backups of the actual 16.2.4 application file that I can keep around as well.
    >
    > Thanks!

So are you running Quicken2007 for Mac using the Mojave OS? I would like to do that if its possible. I have OS 10.14.6. Any ideas where I can get a copy of the 16.1.7 or 16.2.4 versions. I have a copy of Quicken 2007 for Mac 16.0.1 but it does not run on OS past Snow Leopard.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken versions 16.1.x and 16.2.x will run under Mojave. Ideally, you would want the latest release, 16.2.4

The latter is no longer for sale/supported, so you would have to find a third party to get a copy from.

16.0.x versions will only work under 10.6.x and older as you noted.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There is usually a seller on eBay who sells copies of the Quicken 2007 version which will run on Mojave. This seller charges a premium price for probably just duplicating a copy of the application onto a flash drive, but if you're desperate to get Quicken 2007, it's out there. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.