Multiple Date Invoice

I am new to Quicken HB&RP but I am a former QuickBooks user. I have been all over the invoice options and cannot find a way to have multiple service dates on a single invoice, like weekly tutoring on a monthly invoice. Did I lose the ability to do this when I switched versions?

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can create a customer invoice and then, every week, you add a new line item to it.
    When you add the new line item edit the description to include the date of service at the beginning or the end of the description text, e.g., "12/5/20 Piano lesson".
    The invoice is not considered complete until you print or email it.
    Do create an invoice line item for regularly used items.
    And, no, sorry, but you cannot customize the invoice layout to add a custom Service Date (or any other custom) column. WYSIWYG.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can create a customer invoice and then, every week, you add a new line item to it.
    When you add the new line item edit the description to include the date of service at the beginning or the end of the description text, e.g., "12/5/20 Piano lesson".
    The invoice is not considered complete until you print or email it.
    Do create an invoice line item for regularly used items.
    And, no, sorry, but you cannot customize the invoice layout to add a custom Service Date (or any other custom) column. WYSIWYG.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JewelsNLayce completely unrelated question.  Do the initials JBS mean anything to you?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• JewelsNLayce
    JewelsNLayce Member ✭✭
    @NotACPA, JBS does not ring a bell for me...
  • JewelsNLayce
    JewelsNLayce Member ✭✭
    @NotACPA it does not ring a bell for me.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JewelsNLayce, JBS was my HS in STL ... where I knew a "Jewels  N" ... so I was just checking.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.