How do you show the account information on investment reports?

Options
How do you show the account on an investment report?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @jhoffman68

I think you may want to select one of the two standard reports that start with "Portfolio".  They are the "Portfolio Value" and the "Portfolio Value & Cost Basis".  To find them:
    1) At the top of your screen - Click on "Reports" >
    2) In the drop-down Select "Investing" >
    3) Then pick either of the above named reports (or better yet - try each of them).

Let me know how that goes and/or if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jhoffman68
    jhoffman68 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The Portfolio reports will provide subtotaling by Account. However, neither report shows Asset Class, which is an important variable for allocation analysis. It would be helpful if the Portfolio reports, or all reports, allowed for multiple subtotals, e.g. Account | Security | Asset Class.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree there are situations where it would be helpful if Quicken provided multiple levels of subtotal.

It may be tedious if you have a lot of accounts, but you could either customize a Portfolio view, selecting one account at a time, or you could do the same with an Investment Asset Allocation report.  
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @jhoffman68

Your post didn't mention "asset class" but in case you aren't aware, the "Asset Allocation" report does show that information, and it is subtotaled by asset class but doesn't have the breath of data contained in the portfolio report. 

But you might want to export both to Excel and see if you can get the report you want to see.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jhoffman68
    jhoffman68 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I created the records I needed within Excel using the Vlookup function on the data from a Portfolio report and the Allocation report. Nonetheless, it would be helpful if Quicken reports allowed for multiple subtotals. Thank you for your responses.
This discussion has been closed.