Net Worth Graph Question

I have never been able to properly set up the Net Worth by Assets and Liabilities chart to accurately reflect information. Shouldn't the most current bar be identical to the current numbers indicated in thew sidebar?

Liabilities are correct (only a home mortgage), but assets are way off because my personal checking account isn't looking at overall balance but instead cash flow, so it comes in as a negative number that seems to accumulate over the year. In addition, my investments don't reflect the current market value. These make the graph useless if you're trying to look at how that net worth has changed over time.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the Net Worth report, the bar on the graph should show your assets.

Note that credit card balances are counted as liabilities. If these or other liabilities are very small compared to your assets, the corresponding bar by not be visible.

To see net worth on the graph, hover over the red dot. For me this matches the net worth in the account bar. (Actually off by $0.01 but that is another problem.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The complaint I have with lots of the Quicken graphs, is that when things are fairly static, there is no graphing scale or floor.... so you basically get this color "rectangle" and can't really see the subtle peaks and valleys

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• cuttermilw
    cuttermilw Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Jim. That does seem to reflect the information accurately.

But apparently that version of the "Net Worth" report isn't available to put as part of your snapshot graphs that you see. What's the point of the one they include there?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I did not pick up that you were referring to the graph on the Home page.

That graph does appear to have some very odd numbers. It is not including unrealized gains or something.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Cutter, I have exactly the same problem. The Net Worth at the bottom of the left side account list is accurate, but the Net Worth graph and report on the home page is significantly off. It has picked up bank accounts and property values properly, but the Investment brokerage figures are wildly inaccurate.

Weird thing is, on another account I run on Quicken, the Net Worth graph and report matches accurately the Net Worth amount at the bottom of the left side account list.

Let us know if you come up with a fix.
This discussion has been closed.