why is quicken asking for my password multiple times each session recently? How can I stop this?

Recently I am being asked multiple times in succession to ent er my password. Thus happens even when i try to close out or go to help! I don't need password protection for what i am doing and want it stopped. I have used quicken for over 10 years and never had this problem. If I can't resolve this I will not use Quicken in 2021.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @bonserdw - I am assuming that you are referring to your Quicken ID PW.  Quicken requires us to be logged into the program whenever we want to use the program.  Your Quicken ID and PW allows the program to communicate with our Cloud Account (and therefore with Quicken.com) to confirm that it has a valid license.
    Usually, the program has the Quicken ID and PW saved on our computer and this whole validation process occurs in the background without us ever knowing it.  However, once in a while the computer program and the Cloud Account get out of sync with each other and then we can be asked repeatedly to log back in.
    What often resolves this issue is to sign out and then sign back in:  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user.  Follow the prompts and confirm that you want to sign out.  When you are given the opportunity to sign back in be sure to use your current Quicken ID and PW.
    Let me know if this fixed this issue for you.  It usually fixes this problem but if not then we can try something else.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    @bonserdw - I am assuming that you are referring to your Quicken ID PW.  Quicken requires us to be logged into the program whenever we want to use the program.  Your Quicken ID and PW allows the program to communicate with our Cloud Account (and therefore with Quicken.com) to confirm that it has a valid license.
    Usually, the program has the Quicken ID and PW saved on our computer and this whole validation process occurs in the background without us ever knowing it.  However, once in a while the computer program and the Cloud Account get out of sync with each other and then we can be asked repeatedly to log back in.
    What often resolves this issue is to sign out and then sign back in:  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user.  Follow the prompts and confirm that you want to sign out.  When you are given the opportunity to sign back in be sure to use your current Quicken ID and PW.
    Let me know if this fixed this issue for you.  It usually fixes this problem but if not then we can try something else.

• bonserdw
    bonserdw Member
    I think this may have solved it. I'll try it again and let you know. Thanks for your help!
  • Boatnmaniac
    bonserdw said:
    I think this may have solved it. I'll try it again and let you know. Thanks for your help!
    I am glad to hear this worked for you.  Thank you for updating this thread so others may know it might help them, too.

This discussion has been closed.