Category Summary report's category search disappeared!

Hello, Community!

I often use the Category Summary report:

Reports > Quicken Reports > Other Reports > Category Summary

And it used to be that when I clicked on:

Edit > Categories

and selected the "Include only transactions with selected categories" radio button, a search field would appear near the top of the window allowing me to search my categories, but this search field no longer appears. Does anyone know where I might find it?

Grateful for any help!
Andrew

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @AndrewOfTheForest  Hmmm, that's strange. I'm not seeing what you're seeing. When I try to the Category Summary report, click on the Categories tab, and click the "Include only transactions with selected categories" radio button, the category list shows up, just as it always has.

Are you running the latest version (6.0.3) or something older? What version of macOS?

In any case, I would encourage you to stop using the old Category Summary report, which has some other known problems, and switch to using one of the modern reports for Transactions or Summary reports. The modern reports (any except the 7 which have gray icons) allow greater customization and fix some bugs with the older reports.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    @AndrewOfTheForest  Hmmm, that's strange. I'm not seeing what you're seeing. When I try to the Category Summary report, click on the Categories tab, and click the "Include only transactions with selected categories" radio button, the category list shows up, just as it always has.

Are you running the latest version (6.0.3) or something older? What version of macOS?

In any case, I would encourage you to stop using the old Category Summary report, which has some other known problems, and switch to using one of the modern reports for Transactions or Summary reports. The modern reports (any except the 7 which have gray icons) allow greater customization and fix some bugs with the older reports.
  • Thank you, Jacobs! I will try out those new reports! Yes, I am running the latest version of Quicken for Mac. It used to be that in addition to seeing the individual categories, there was a small search box near the top of the window where you could type in the name of a category, and Quicken would filter the list only showing those categories that matched the search term (does that make sense?).

But I will see if this old dog can’t learn some new tricks and try out the more modern reports! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond!
  • jacobs
    @AndrewOfTheForest  Ah, yes, I understand the Search you're looking for. This definitely exists in the "new" reports. 
This discussion has been closed.