Downloaded transactions not displaying

After running update (automatically or manually), the downloaded transactions are not being displayed for review/acceptance into the registers of my accounts. On the account list on the left, there are the usual flags that when clicked on give a message of "You have <x> transactions to review" but none are visible. How can this be fixed?

Best Answer

• halljosh
    halljosh Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The solution that worked was to uninstall and reinstall Quicken.

Answers

• halljosh
    halljosh Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the help. Unfortunately following these didn't fix the situation. I was able to accept all of the downloaded transactions by changing the preferences to automatically accept downloaded transactions, but I still want to review transactions as they are accepted. Going to a known working backup and validating the data file didn't work either.
  • hannsoft
    hannsoft Member ✭✭
    The problem here is not that we're missing transactions, but rather that the downloaded transactions window isn't automatically opening.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The problem here is not that we're missing transactions, but rather that the downloaded transactions window isn't automatically opening. "
    If you click on the arrowhead does the window expand and show the downloaded items?  My impression was that the transactions simply were not showing up in the register or transaction list at all.  You many need to Contact Quicken Support.
  • cmigala
    cmigala Member
    The downloaded transaction tab has vanished from my checking register. It still shows up on other registers...and now my online balance will not update, even though the transactions do. Bizarre
  • mnml0
    mnml0 Member ✭✭✭
    @hannsoft: Exit Quicken, then relaunch it. Usually, the transactions then show up--or they do for me, at least.

QW27.1.50.16 Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.2965

• halljosh
    halljosh Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The solution that worked was to uninstall and reinstall Quicken.
  • PetrS
    PetrS Member ✭✭
    I use two different Quicken files and one works just fine and for the other, downloaded transaction don't show up. So it seems that Quicken file (or maybe just one account) is messed up, not Quicken executable. I tried to deactivate online services couple times which gave me the most recent transactions but the next download "failed" again. I was able to at least get the transactions into my register Edit > Preferences > Downloaded transactions > Automatically add to register but I'd prefer to OK transactions manually since I have lots of transfers and they are entered as MiscExp or MiscInc and need to be updated later anyway.

I think transaction download is one of the most difficult things that Quicken does (many different institutions, different authentication protocols, old and new download formats, etc.) But I really wish they'd get their act together and at least provide some reset functionality so that I don't need to create a brand new account to have transaction download working again.
This discussion has been closed.