How to get rid of old data

Options
I just converted from Quicken for Windows to Quicken for Mac. I have transactions dating back to the year 2000. I only need the past 3 years of data. How do I eliminate 17 years of old data without messing everything up?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There's no really clean way to do this in Quicken Mac, as it does not have a year-end feature. It was designed to maintain a permanent history of financial transactions. I could describe how to select and delete selected transactions by date, but transfers between accounts and investment accounts that depend on acquisition dates of securities make it impractical and difficult to delete prior transactions. It can be done, but I don't advise it unless the sie of your file is causing major, major headaches.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There's no really clean way to do this in Quicken Mac, as it does not have a year-end feature. It was designed to maintain a permanent history of financial transactions. I could describe how to select and delete selected transactions by date, but transfers between accounts and investment accounts that depend on acquisition dates of securities make it impractical and difficult to delete prior transactions. It can be done, but I don't advise it unless the sie of your file is causing major, major headaches.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.