R30.14 odd behavior

Eastwayroad
Eastwayroad Member ✭✭✭
Anyone else experiencing odd behavior since R30.14 update?
-Program crashes when I return to it after a period of inactivity.
-Missing transactions.
-General sluggishness during One-Step Updates

Best Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello @Eastwayroad

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue. Although, We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Do you receive any error codes or messages after the crash?

I would start by uninstalling using the QcleanUI utility and then reinstalling the Quicken application.

https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

Please let me know if the crashing persists after completing this step.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @rjwgmu

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I have a few additional questions to help further isolate the cause of this behavior.

At any point time, was the original file being stored in the cloud? On the second computer where the backup files being restored to?

I do not see this step listed here so I apologize if you have already done so, but have you attempted to validate the file?

The Validate & Repair tool is located under the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• TB8246
    TB8246 Member ✭✭
    Nope. So far, so good
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello @Eastwayroad

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue. Although, We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Do you receive any error codes or messages after the crash?

I would start by uninstalling using the QcleanUI utility and then reinstalling the Quicken application.

https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

Please let me know if the crashing persists after completing this step.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Brillson
    Brillson Member
    With latest update (R30.14), all account updates produce only null results. Since Novekmber. Mondo patch is useless (dysfunctional). Effective response urgent.
  • Eastwayroad
    Eastwayroad Member ✭✭✭
    There was no error message, just unable to "awaken" Quicken after a period of inactivity. I followed the above suggestion & reinstalled. Seems ok now.
  • Eastwayroad
    Eastwayroad Member ✭✭✭
    I see that I'm still experiencing the above. After a period of inactivity QWin will not "wake up"; the screen has a gray cast and is unresponsive. I have to close & reopen the program.
    Only happening since latest update, but it could also be an OS issue. I'm running Q on a Mac VM via Parallels.
  • I installed the update this morning. The first time I opened Quicken, it crashed when I clicked on the dialog box to type my One-Step Update password. I reopened it, and it crashed after the update completed. I reopened it, and since then (I believe four times now), it crashes every time I click the Bills & Income tab (which apparently should be renamed the Magic Crash Button). I was able to select individual accounts to accept transactions with no issues.

Windows 10 Pro, fully updated.
  • rjwgmu
    rjwgmu Member ✭✭
    I've actually been unable to open my Quicken file or ANY backups since the update. I just spent 2 hours on the phone with support uninstalling, cleaning, reinstalling, uninstalling, recovering, etc., and nothing worked. They said only about 10k people received this latest update, and since then the guy I was on support with has already seen one other instance exactly like mine where nothing can be opened. The only solution is to start a brand new file from scratch and lose all historical data, saved transactions, etc., or wait for a future update and hope that it fixes it. This is completely unacceptable.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rjwgmu

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you were unable to resolve the issue when contacting support.

To better assist you, can you please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are running that you are.

If you are unable to access the Help menu, please try to open Quicken in silent mode, by holding the Ctrl key and clicking the application. This will open Quicken without a data file and allow you to access the application.

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • rjwgmu
    rjwgmu Member ✭✭
    I'm using version R30.14, Build 27.1.30.14
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rjwgmu

Thank you for confirming the current version. If you have not done so already, I would first navigate to Help > About Quicken and report this issue.

I would next roll back to the previous version R30.10 using the link here:

http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-subscription-patches.html

I would then see if the behavior improves on the previous version.

Please let me know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • rjwgmu
    rjwgmu Member ✭✭
    I tried rolling back the update and re-opening the file, same issue. I also then tried to recover previous backup versions of the data file, and also downloaded auto-archived versions from Google Drive (it saves prior versions separately) and those would not open as well. I have a second computer I've been trying these steps on as well, and it doesn't work on the other computer either.
  • rjwgmu
    rjwgmu Member ✭✭
    I also have tried uninstalling all Windows updates from the last week, and then also re-downloading the prior version that you suggested, and still nothing. It shows the main toolbar across the top of the program and then freezes with the rest of the screen blank.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @rjwgmu

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I have a few additional questions to help further isolate the cause of this behavior.

At any point time, was the original file being stored in the cloud? On the second computer where the backup files being restored to?

I do not see this step listed here so I apologize if you have already done so, but have you attempted to validate the file?

The Validate & Repair tool is located under the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.