Quick Pay vs Bills & Income

It appears that these two areas are not coordinated. I have two scheduled transactions to pay these bills monthly. I have now registered both these Payees for Bill Pay/QuickPay. This appears to wind up creating two transactions.

When the date approaches in Bills & Income to pay these bills I go to Bill Pay/Quick Pay to schedule the transaction. For some reason Bill Pay does NOT retain the Category from prior transactions. Once the transaction is scheduled and even after the transaction has occurred the "scheduled" transaction does not disappear and is NOT combined with the Bill Pay transaction.

In other words, the "scheduled" transaction has to be deleted/skipped to remove it. If I were to deleted the transactions from the Bills & Income schedule then I would not have any reminder that these upcoming bills are due.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @krgraham

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I need a bit more information to better assist. First, please navigate to Quicken > About Quicken and provide the release that you are running.

What payee are you experiencing this trouble with? I have scheduled transactions and use QuickPay to make payments and I do not encounter this issue with duplication.

Do you see this issue with every Quick Pay transaction or just a few? Do you receive any messages or errors when you experience this trouble?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • krgraham
    krgraham Mac Beta Beta
    Version 6.0.3 (Build 600.37136.100)

I have two payees in Quick Pay: JCP&L and PSE&G. In Bills & Income I have scheduled transactions for both of these payees. The Amounts are zero. When I see the bills are coming due I go to Bill Pay>Pay with Quick Pay and schedule payments for both payees. Then when I go back to Bills & Income screen and both transactions are duplicated: the scheduled bill pay transactions has been ADDED to this screen while the original scheduled transaction has been updated with the amount. The original transactions are greyed out but shouldn't they be deleted or combined with the Bill Pay transaction? Right now I have to use "Skip this instance" to remove the duplicate transactions.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Have you linked the bill to the reminder?  Doing so should remove the duplication.  At least that's how it works on Windows.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Hello @krgraham

Thank you for the response and the additional details. The bills should not be duplicating. When selecting to pay the bill it should reflect on the existing bill.

This is the behavior that I see, I followed your steps to send the payment, "Bill Pay>Pay with Quick Pay." After scheduling the payment the existing bill changed to processing.

I suspect that you may have a duplicate or similar online payee for JCP&L and PSE&G. May I ask that you please navigate to Window > Payees & Rules and verify that you do not have a duplicate or similarly named payee?

Please let me know so that we can further isolate the cause of this behavior.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • krgraham
    krgraham Mac Beta Beta
    I do not have duplicate Payees. Problem still exists but I may have discovered a solution. If I look at the Details of the Scheduled Transaction I discovered that I have to change the Payment Method to Quick Pay. This wasn't obvious when the Quick Pay transaction was created.
This discussion has been closed.