Daily Quotes and Price changes not displaying for some securities?

Rick Clay
Rick Clay Member ✭✭
When I display securities in my Portfolio View, Performance Display some securities do not display either the daily Quote or the Price Change. It does display the correct Daily Gain or Loss so the data is there. When I look at the price data using Edit Security it is being stored correctly. This is strictly a display bug and it appears to track the Security itself; LUV (Southwest Air) never displays anything and UPS (UPS) next to it always displays. What's up? How can we get this fixed?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Rick Clay

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was trying to see if I could replicate the issue you're having but was able to get LUV to display properly on my end. I'm wondering what could cause it since your price history sounds like it's working properly as well. If you wouldn't mind could you take a screenshot of the portfolio view so that we're able to see the issue with you. I'll leave instructions below on how to take a screenshot.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac#latest

Please note you may need to drag the photo into the response box for it to be added into your response. Once you get a chance let us know more and we'll see what we can find.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Rick Clay
    Rick Clay Member ✭✭
    1st image shows display as I see it. 2nd image shows data from price history for the security LUV, As you can see securities above and below both LUV and VZ show both a price change and a quote but these two don't.
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too am seeing missing Quote and Price Day Change values for one of my securities.

I opened the Investing register from the sidebar, clicked on Portfolio, selected Performance + Group by Type + All Investing Accounts. Finally I toggled Mutual Fund and Stock to show individual securities.

I then scrolled thru all my holdings and found one mutual fund (a private money market fund) and one stock (GE) that were showing neither Price Day Change or Quote. 

But ...

If I select All Brokerage Accounts (instead of All Investing Accounts), then the GE stock does show Price Day Change and Quote.

If I select Group by Account (instead of Group by Type), then both GE and the money market fund show Price Day Change and Quote.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • Rick Clay
    Rick Clay Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the testing but the issue is not resolved. If I select a single account everything displays properly. If I select more than one in any display type I get some prices that disappear. The effect of the price change on Day gain or loss displays properly. Operator error is not the issue; the program bug should be fixed.
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick Clay said:
    Thanks for the testing but the issue is not resolved. 
    Certainly the issue remains, as my testing confirms. I did not mean to suggest otherwise.

My message was in response to the post of @Quicken Francisco, where he tried to reproduce the issue but was unsuccessful. I described my procedure (including lots of details) for finding some examples that demonstrate the issue.

I also provided counter examples where the issue did no appear. I did this to show that it takes very specific settings to show the issue.

PS: I am just another user like you. I am not employed by Quicken, Inc., and have no ability to cause the issue to be fixed, other than reporting it to the best of my ability. I am hoping my confirmation of the bug will contribute to that end.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • Rick Clay
    Rick Clay Member ✭✭
    Thanks so much for your help. I just switched to the Mac version after 20+ years on Windows. It's a lot different but I really like some of the differences.
This discussion has been closed.