"The resulting value is too big. Please enter it as more than one transaction"

Options
CMRater
CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
I get the above message when a file validation is completed.  Same message on super validation.  Once I click OK it completes the validation and produces the text with report with no unsual information.  So it does not seem to be an issue, but I would rather not see the message at all.
Any suggestions.
Thanks
Quicken User Since - 1991

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @CMRater,

For how long a time have you been getting this error, and does it only happen when you are doing a file validation?  Have you tried restoring a backup file from before this problem started to see if it also happens for that file?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just started within last 10-14 days.  Have not tried restoring an old file.
    Sounds like you have not seen this before?
  • CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only happens on validations. Reg and Super.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You are correct in your observation - I haven't seen or heard of this particular error code.  How often are you doing the validation and/or super-validation routines?

Are you seeing any other issues with your data file? For example, are you missing data/entries in registers, having problems downloading transactions, seeing sny unusual transactions appearing in accounts or transactions disappearing form accounts?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Resulting value is too big" almost always indicates a corrupted Q data file.
    That file validation can't fix it STRONGLY indicates that you need to start looking for a backup that doesn't exhibit this error.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks.
    I've been working with support.  Narrowed it down to a single investment transaction.  The 2nd level support was assisting indirectly but has scheduled a call to address directly next Monday.
This discussion has been closed.