How do I get this program to quit alway opening displaying the investment window?? [Edited]

Options
Ernest Ondrias
Ernest Ondrias Member ✭✭
[removed - profanity] do you mean "body is require"??

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken for Mac will open to the last view used. It certainly doesn't default to the Investment Portfolio view. 

I don't understand "body is require" any more than you do, but if you are seeing such messages, and your file is always defaulting to a view you didn't use last, then it sounds like you data file is problematic. The usual reason for unusual behavior such as this is when users try to share the file/network store/web store the file. The Quicken file really needs to reside on the Mac /user account of the person accessing it.

Please post back with more details as to the issues you are having. Thanks!

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken for Mac will open to the last view used. It certainly doesn't default to the Investment Portfolio view. 

I don't understand "body is require" any more than you do, but if you are seeing such messages, and your file is always defaulting to a view you didn't use last, then it sounds like you data file is problematic. The usual reason for unusual behavior such as this is when users try to share the file/network store/web store the file. The Quicken file really needs to reside on the Mac /user account of the person accessing it.

Please post back with more details as to the issues you are having. Thanks!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Quicken Mac always opens the main window on whatever account or account group you have active when you previously quit. If you have your checking account visible when you quit, it should reopen your checking account; if you have the Reports screen open when you quit, when you relaunch, it should reopen to the same screen. Is this not happening for you? You might have a damaged preference file.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Body is required is for posting in this Forum.  You should only type a brief summary subject in the title line and type your full question in the body box below.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.