Where did my categories go?

Options
mister_lee
mister_lee Member ✭✭
An entire chunk of categories is missing in my Category list... while they seem to still appear in various transactions throughout the register, I can no longer view or edit them from the Categories list. And now there is an odd looking category called "A679E0CD-9F03..." I've seen a few other posts recommend trying to resolve with a backup. Is there no other solution?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @mister_lee

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. May I ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem and report this issue.

Next, I would start by resetting the cloud to see if this corrects the issue.

RESET THE CLOUD DATA THROUGH THE DESKTOP PROGRAM

1. Go to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services.
    2. In the Cloud Account section, click Reset.
    If this does not correct the issue, you are looking at either restoring a backup prior to the issue occurring.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Hi, mister_lee:

The very first thing to check is to go into the Category List, and make sure that, under the Actions menu gear icon, you don't have the option to only show Unused Categories checked. Unselect it if you do.

As for the random, odd looking categories-that usually stems from Mobile corruption. If you are seeing that, than yes, a restoration from backup is advised, immediately (Do NOT SYNC) followed by Quicken:Preferences:(Connected services tab) and choose to reset the Cloud data with a fresh upload from your data file.

• mister_lee
    mister_lee Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, John. I will restore from a backup
This discussion has been closed.