What does "live balance adjustment" mean? (Q Mac)

pb4072
pb4072 Member
I don't get it. I know I had a deposit early this morning. So, why doesn't that deposit show as such instead of as a "live balance adjustment?"

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    What you can see on a bank's consumer-facing website is not necessarily what they provide for download to Quicken.

What is your connection method to your bank in Quicken? Has the deposit transaction downloaded to Quicken? (With certain connection types, Quicken's server may log into the bank's server only once a day to pull down transactions from the previous 24 hours.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Your financial institution is probably reporting an updated balance for your account, but hasn't yet cleared the actual transaction and posted it to download the Quicken. The live Balance Adjustment is Quicken's way of adjusting your account balance to match what the financial institution is reporting. 
  • pb4072
    pb4072 Member
    Hmmm. Well, my bank showed the deposit fully early this morning, how much it was and where it came from. Why can't Quicken do that, too? It's been over half a day since it went through.
  • jacobs
    Answer ✓
    What you can see on a bank's consumer-facing website is not necessarily what they provide for download to Quicken.

What is your connection method to your bank in Quicken? Has the deposit transaction downloaded to Quicken? (With certain connection types, Quicken's server may log into the bank's server only once a day to pull down transactions from the previous 24 hours.)
  • mjvovk
    mjvovk Member
    I added an account from my 401(k). Quicken doubled the balance. Why? And, how do I fix it?
  • jacobs
    @mjvovk  It sounds like you have a completely separate issue. I suggest you start a new Question, and provide as many details as you can. Was there an existing 401(k) account in Quicken? How did you add it? What financial institution? Did you download transacitons? Are the transactions duplicated, or is the balance wrong? The more info you provide, the more likely you'll get a response to help you fix your problem.
This discussion has been closed.