Converting Quicken Mac 2007 Data Files errors out, any other options?

glenng
glenng Member ✭✭
Hi,
I have a few Quicken 2007 Data Files, last modified in May, 2015. I am not certain of the version of Quicken I last used.

I have Quicken 5.8.2 and Quicken 6.0.3 installed on my Mac (running 10.15.7, aka Catalina). When trying to convert using either of those Quicken versions I get this error:

Could not import "Accounts" An error occurred while preparing the file to be import.

Any suggestions on other options?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @glenng  The problem is that you have a somewhat damaged Quicken 2007 data file. Otherwise, Quicken 5.8 or 6.0 would be able to import it.

What we don't know is whether the file will open okay in Quicken 2007, and if so, if you can then repair the file and/or export the data in a different way. I don't know of any commercial service for doing this, sorry. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Unfortunately, since you don't have a Mac that can run Quicken 2007, I can't think of anything you can do with those files that modern Quicken Mac cannot read.

The only thing I can suggest is seeing if you can find/borrow a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier. Then you'd need a copy of Quicken 2007 to see if it can open one of these files. If you could get there, there are a few repair things we could suggest to try to get a clean Quicken 2007 data file which Quicken 5.8 or 6.0 can successfully import. But if you just have the old Quicken files, and they can't be opened for import, I think you're out of luck.
  • glenng
    glenng Member ✭✭
    @jacobs Thanks for the quick response. Getting a Mac with Mojave should not be an issue. Quicken 2007 looks to be available from some people on eBay.

Somewhat related question … do you happen to know of any services that will convert the files?

Thanks again,
    happy new year.
  • jacobs
    Answer ✓
    @glenng  The problem is that you have a somewhat damaged Quicken 2007 data file. Otherwise, Quicken 5.8 or 6.0 would be able to import it.

What we don't know is whether the file will open okay in Quicken 2007, and if so, if you can then repair the file and/or export the data in a different way. I don't know of any commercial service for doing this, sorry. 
This discussion has been closed.