Spending Tab - income drop down slection

Options
Luther56
Luther56 Member ✭✭
I recently fixed my monthly IRA distributions to properly display in the Tax Center section of the Planning Tab. However, in the Spending Tab, there is a option to see a pie chart of period Spending and also period Income. I have Income items such as Social Security, a Pension Plan Distribution, Rental Income, Interest Income (from banking accts) but I consider my IRA Distributions as Income as it relates to this Spending Tab view. What do I need to change to have my IRA distributions show on this pie chart?

***** also hope there is some better handling of QCD in the future in the Tax Planner ****
Tagged:

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    While it's easy to have the IRA distribution show up as a form of "income" in a Spending report, it doesn't look like that's possible on the Spending tab since there's no ability to specify a transfer out of the IRA is a form of "income" there.
  • Luther56
    Luther56 Member ✭✭
    Options
    That's what I was observing Tom. Thanks for your confirmation
  • Luther56
    Luther56 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Even though a report can be made to show IRA Distr as income, still like the visual that a pie chart with category $ & % give for a quick overview of both Expense and Income by category. Spending Tab could use improvement, along with better handling of IRA distribution reporting, QCD, etc for those of use that are retired. Should have mentioned I have the Windows subscription version of Quicken Deluxe.
This discussion has been closed.