CC-555 Bank of America [Edited]

paul_jr
paul_jr Member ✭✭
This morning, Dec 31, 2020, I am getting CC 555 errors trying to download transactions from BofA into my Quicken for WIndows. This happens every few months. Are there problem that I should know about or workarounds?

Best Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize for any frustration that this has caused.

There is currently a known issue with Bank of America. Attempting to update will return a CC-555 error.

Please take a moment to visit the alert available here, and bookmark the alert by selecting the gold star in the top right-hand corner.

This will notify you via email of any updates or changes to the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You wait.

BOA is (likely temporarily) blocking connectivity to Quicken (and likely other financial programs that create server traffic.)

This might be from a result of the increased user traffic from users frequently checking status of stimulus deposits.

Answers

• aetilden
    aetilden Member
    I’ve been having the same issue for several weeks now. First it was a CC-501 error, but now it is CC-555.
  • aetilden
    aetilden Member
    I have the same issue. For several weeks it was a CC-501 error but now it is a CC-555 error.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize for any frustration that this has caused.

There is currently a known issue with Bank of America. Attempting to update will return a CC-555 error.

Please take a moment to visit the alert available here, and bookmark the alert by selecting the gold star in the top right-hand corner.

This will notify you via email of any updates or changes to the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • I HAVE authorized quicken to download transactions. I log into my BOA account almost daily and I always hit the OK button to allow Quicken to download my transactions. What I don’t understand is why there is ZERO support at Quicken!! I can’t even find any information for the “care code” that’s showing in my quicken. I know many BOA customers have experienced problems with downloading since around Thanksgiving, you would think that someone would have some answers by now. Unfortunately I’m out of town until the middle of January and cannot get to my MAC to manually download my recent transactions. I’m currently using my iPad pro, so I can’t even download directly from BOA into my Quicken app. Any assistance would be appreciated. I have received the following error code: Care Code: ccscrape.155

Thanks ... Cathy
  • jchatow
    jchatow Member
    I am using Quicken for Mac version 5.17.5 and since 11/30/2020 am getting the FI 155 error when trying to download from Bank of America.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You wait.

BOA is (likely temporarily) blocking connectivity to Quicken (and likely other financial programs that create server traffic.)

This might be from a result of the increased user traffic from users frequently checking status of stimulus deposits.
  • ajmaske
    ajmaske Member
    Started getting this "CC-555" connection error connecting to BofA this morning. I tried several things now; 1) logging out of Quicken and back in and 2) Deactivating BofA.

I'm still getting the CC-555 error while trying to reactivating the account(s). Part of the error message: "Your financial institution is blocking Quicken from connecting to your accounts. Unfortunately, we are unable to resolve this issue until your financial institution removes the block from its servers."

Is this a Quicken issue? or is this a Bank of America issue?
  • BuffaloDoug
    BuffaloDoug Member, Mac Beta Beta
    I can log into the website fine
  • Looks like the issue is back. I have received the CC-555 error for a couple of days now with BofA.
  • fsatlow818
    fsatlow818 Member
    I got it too. Just today.
  • paul_jr
    paul_jr Member ✭✭
    I got the error also, just now (7:00 AM PDT, March 17, 2021). I tried to login to the BofA website, and they asked to verify my login by texting a code to my cell phone and then I entered the code at the website login. I did so, and got into my account on BofA website. But, then I retried Quicken, and no joy. Anyone know how to resolve or woraround this problem?
  • drkusa
    drkusa Member
    Same problem with cc-555 here. Got in once last week, but have not been able to connect Quicken to BoA since then. Called BoA, long hold before I got a human, only to find out he is in Credit Card dept, not Online Banking. He transferred me to a number for QuickBooks, not Quicken. Still on hold with the number for BoA Quicken - 800-933-6262.
  • Hoberg
    Hoberg Member ✭✭
    There is another thread that states several banks are limiting connection access due to all the Stimulus deposits coming in. I believe I found the thread by searching CC-505.
  • Hoberg
    Hoberg Member ✭✭
    More info on this issue.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7890198/updated-3-11-21-you-may-experience-an-error-adding-or-updating-accounts-list-of-banks-added#latest
  • paul_jr
    paul_jr Member ✭✭
    For what it is worth, I did not get any download errors this morning (March 18, 2021).
  • pandrews122
    pandrews122 Member
    FWIW (Quicken Premier Version 31.20 Build 27.1.31.20)
    When I got this "CC-555" problem yesterday (03-17-21) and read that it may be the result of a recent software update, I restored from the previous day's backup (03-16-21). I then closed Quicken without updating any account activity.

Then (03-17-21 ~ 4pm) I launched Quicken and saw no errors, issues or notices.

I just re-ran "update all" (03-18-21 @ 12:34pm EST) and got no errors or notices OTHER than a notification of an available update for Quicken.

I did NOT run the update.

Hope this helps.
  • paul_jr
    paul_jr Member ✭✭
    The CC-555 errors are back as of this morning. What's worse is, I found that the last 3 weeks of downloads did not download any transactions for one of my BofA visa accounts, and did not give any errors. So, I have about 3 weeks of transactions that did not get into my Quicken ledgers. Far out. Huge hassle.
  • paul_jr
    paul_jr Member ✭✭
    One more thing: someone suggested that I try to reset the BofA accounts in Tools / Account list / {BofA account} / Edit / Online services. And that does not work. Quicken says there is a connection problem and that it is not my fault. So, then I tried the nuclear option of deactivating the account and trying to reactivate the account, and that too does not work. Is any support person from Quicken listening to this? If so, please help me?
  • Fu2Bar1
    Fu2Bar1 Member ✭✭
    This is the exact scenario I am experiencing. Any updates on when this will be resolved?
  • Fu2Bar1
    Fu2Bar1 Member ✭✭
    Did I see a recent post from support indicating this is a known issue?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Fu2Bar1

This is a known issue for Bank of America. A new alert has been posted, here.

Bank of America is performing maintenance and is expected to last over the weekend. Please attempt to update accounts on Monday.

If you would like to be automatically notified as updates and/or a resolution becomes available, please visit the alert and 'bookmark' it by clicking the yellow star in the upper right.

This is being closed as there are more current threads for this topic.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.