Bank Balance and Quicken Online center out of Sync

denmarfl
denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
Quicken for Windows 2020...

Direct Connect with AllyBank.....Direct Connect; I am unable to Reconcile 3 accts....Quickens OnLine center is Out of Sync with the Bank (I went directly to Banks Site) and, to my Quicken Balance.  

My Register Balance is the same the Bank has at its Website, but the Quicken OnLine Center Balance for the Accts are about a week Back.

I have used the RESET Feature....I have Deactivated and Re-activated the Accts....The Online Center balance Balances are still not is Sync ns unchanged.

I have 8 accts at this bank, all Update at the same Time (Direct Connect) but only 3 out of the 8 have OnLine Out of Sync Balances.

Not aware of any other trouble shooting steps I can perform.....

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    AllyBank does not support the Direct Connect connection method.

If the online balance Quicken obtains from the financial institution is not reliably accurate, I suggest you reconcile using a statement obtained from the financial institution instead.
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry; you are correct.  My Connections to Ally is Web Express Connect.

The Balance that is NOT correct is the balance displayed when you click on OnLine Center and select AllyBank.  My Register agrees with the Acct Balances at the Ally Website....so my Register and Ally Balance at the their Website agree....it is Just that Quicken Online Center Balance is wrong.....

Reconciling will not change what Quicken displays in the Online center which is downloaded from the bank to Quicken.....  
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    denmarfl said:
    Sorry; you are correct.  My Connections to Ally is Web Express Connect.

The Balance that is NOT correct is the balance displayed when you click on OnLine Center and select AllyBank.  My Register agrees with the Acct Balances at the Ally Website....so my Register and Ally Balance at the their Website agree....it is Just that Quicken Online Center Balance is wrong.....

Reconciling will not change what Quicken displays in the Online center which is downloaded from the bank to Quicken.....  
    I did not say reconciling would change the online balance.

What I meant to say was... If you reconcile using the online balance and the online balance Quicken obtains from the financial institution is not reliably accurate, I suggest you reconcile using a statement obtained from the financial institution instead.

• denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank You your advice is appreciated.  However I would like to get to a solution where the Online center for the accts in question get into sync with the banks Balances and my Quicken registers.  

Seeking advice as to how to accomplish this...one way might be to totally delete the Accts and Create them as if I where starting the Online Connection for the 1st time.  I did create A New Q file and Just set up the banks accts for the bank in Question and in that New Data File...the Online Center did display all the correct balances....for all accts.  I also ran validate and it showed No Errors.....

If there is another way to resolve the issue I have described with my original Post....I look forward to those responses.....
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    denmarfl said:
    Thank You your advice is appreciated.  However I would like to get to a solution where the Online center for the accts in question get into sync with the banks Balances and my Quicken registers.  

Seeking advice as to how to accomplish this...one way might be to totally delete the Accts and Create them as if I where starting the Online Connection for the 1st time.  I did create A New Q file and Just set up the banks accts for the bank in Question and in that New Data File...the Online Center did display all the correct balances....for all accts.  I also ran validate and it showed No Errors.....

If there is another way to resolve the issue I have described with my original Post....I look forward to those responses.....
    One workaround is to deactivate the Online Services for the register, sign in to the financial institutions website, download and import most recent date available.

To obtain a solution to the Express Web Connect connection method issue, I suggest you contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    This worked; Deactivating and Re-activating and reset....Did not work.

Deleting the accts with the Issue.....and then adding Accts for the Financial Institution...added the Deleted accts back with all Balances in Sync.  The only downside could be....you lose all Register entries except those downloaded when you added the Accts.  In my Case this was NOT an issue because I created a NEW Year Data File for only 2021 entries....so I lose No Register Entries....  
This discussion has been closed.