Checks not clearing

Checks are not clearing though the bank to Quicken. I know they have been paid. One which was to Bank of America for a credit card payment was not paid and I received an email from them. I paid it then, but was sure that I had entered it previously in Quicken. So right now I cannot use Quicken to enter any upcoming payments to be be made.
I use Quicken for Windows and my current Quicken is year 2020, Version R30.14 and build is 27.1.30.14. Trying to determine if it is a Quicken problem or a banking problem.
Since this problem only started in December, I am assuming there is no correlation to the change made in August 2020. Someone please help. Thank you

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Included in every transaction that is downloaded into Q is a "Financial Institution Transaction ID" (the "FITID)"
    Q keeps track of every FITID that's downloaded for any account and won't allow a transaction with that FITID duplicated to be re-recorded in Q. Even if the original transaction with that FITID has been deleted.
    SO, try reviewing your download logs to see if that transaction has been previously downloaded.
    You can view the log by doing HELP, Log Files, OFXlog.  Save the log to your desktop and then open it with WordPad or Notepad (NOT MSWord).  Then search the log for that check number, or amount (or anything else that's specific to the missing check).
    That will tell you if the check{s} have been  previously downloaded into  Q.
    BTW, I asked the Mods to move your posts off to another topic, because the prior location was inappropriate.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• burk1840
    burk1840 Member
    I cannot see anywhere else to ask a specific question about a problem, so please excuse asking here and if there is a problem, please tell me where to post it instead. Thank you.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Included in every transaction that is downloaded into Q is a "Financial Institution Transaction ID" (the "FITID)"
    Q keeps track of every FITID that's downloaded for any account and won't allow a transaction with that FITID duplicated to be re-recorded in Q. Even if the original transaction with that FITID has been deleted.
    SO, try reviewing your download logs to see if that transaction has been previously downloaded.
    You can view the log by doing HELP, Log Files, OFXlog.  Save the log to your desktop and then open it with WordPad or Notepad (NOT MSWord).  Then search the log for that check number, or amount (or anything else that's specific to the missing check).
    That will tell you if the check{s} have been  previously downloaded into  Q.
    BTW, I asked the Mods to move your posts off to another topic, because the prior location was inappropriate.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• burk1840
    burk1840 Member
    Thank you so much for your help, but i think i was looking at it wrong. When I downloaded my cleared checks, there were only 2 in the list that I saw. One was the check that the bank voided for me (still don't know about that). They had sent me an email and told me the payment was overdue (it was for the bank's credit card. So I paid it. I decided to accept what was on the screen and then I saw all the other checks that had cleared for me to accept, so I guess I don't have the problem I thought I did.
This discussion has been closed.