National Grid MA (Gas)

dwr130
dwr130 Member ✭✭
Does anyone try to link an eBill for National Grid MA (Gas)? It signs in successfully but then times out and never successfully links. I have tried contacting both Quicken and National Grid with no success. Would love some help!

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dwr130

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I was unable to locate a recent National Grid MA, in your file. Do you currently have the biller added to your file?

If not, can you please attempt to add the bill once more and respond back to let me know it has been completed.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • dwr130
    dwr130 Member ✭✭
    Hi Quicken Tyka,

I have tried adding National Grid MA several times with no success. It logs in successfully, but then times out when "waiting for eBill provider".
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dwr130

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this issue.

I have checked the biller and there are no known connectivity issues with National Grid MA.

I have gone ahead and reported this issue that you are experiencing. Please allow 48 hours before attempting to update/add the bill again.

Please let me know if the trouble persists after waiting 48 hours.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • dwr130
    dwr130 Member ✭✭
    I have attempted to add the bill many times with no success. My guess is no one has been able to do this. Please also see this thread too: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7875914/is-anyone-using-e-bill-schedules-for-national-grid-ma-gas-i-cannot-get-it-to-link

This issue has yet to be resolved and I would love your help.
  • dwr130
    dwr130 Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @dwr130
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this issue.
    >
    > I have checked the biller and there are no known connectivity issues with National Grid MA.
    >
    > I have gone ahead and reported this issue that you are experiencing. Please allow 48 hours before attempting to update/add the bill again.
    >
    > Please let me know if the trouble persists after waiting 48 hours.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > -Quicken Tyka

I’d rather this not be marked as the accepted answer until we know it works.
  • dwr130
    dwr130 Member ✭✭
    Hi again,

I have tried again after 48 hours with no success. I have attached the three screens that I see as I work my way to the time out.
    1.png 280.5K
    2.png 274.8K
    3.png 339.5K
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dwr130

Thank you for the screenshots and the additional details. I have received a response from our service provider. They have stated that there was a previous issue with the National Grid however it is mostly resolved at this point.

They mention however that they are unable to locate the bill and can see that it has been deleted. Can you please confirm if you are removing the bill intentionally or if the bill is never actually added to the file?

Please let me know so that I may relay these details to our service provider.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • dwr130
    dwr130 Member ✭✭
    I am a little confused by the question. I have never been able to establish a link to National Grid MA through Quicken.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dwr130

Thank you for the response and the additional details. Our service providers state that the biller is being removed from the file after being added.

In a previous comment you mention:
    dwr130 said:

I have tried adding National Grid MA several times with no success. It logs in successfully, but then times out when "waiting for eBill provider".
    Where does the bill go once you get to this stage? Do you remove it from the file?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • dwr130
    dwr130 Member ✭✭
    Hi Quicken Tyka,

It logs in successfully, but then times out before ever being added. So, on my side I never see that the billing link is established. The pics I uploaded on January 6th show the screens I see.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dwr130

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

Can you please confirm if you have a firewall turned on? To do so, please navigate to the Mac "System Preferences."

Then choose "Security & Privacy" and ensure that the Firewall is turned off.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • dwr130
    dwr130 Member ✭✭
    Sorry about my delay in responding. My firewall is turned off.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dwr130

Thank you for the response, and the additional details.

I am unsure if the cause of this issue is specific to the biller or the Quicken or the Quicken application. 

To help isolate this issue, I would recommend creating a test file, this will help isolate Please go to File > New > Start From Scratch.

Once in the test file please add the bill and let me know if you are able to successfully add the biller.

Please let us know the results!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • dwr130
    dwr130 Member ✭✭
    Hi, I started a new file from scratch, tried adding the bill, and unfortunately the same thing happened. This is the only company I have difficulty adding.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Hello @dwr130

Thank you for the response and for letting me know the results of the test, although I apologize that we have been unable to further isolate the cause of the issue.

At this point, I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting.

Support has the tools to perform a review of the logs to help locate the cause of the issue to be able to provide additional steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.