AllyBank CC-505/105 Error 1/4/21

K109
K109 Member ✭✭✭
AllyBank is returning a CC-505 error 1/4/21 when attempting to update accounts. Quicken Windows R30.19 .
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Our teams have confirmed that this error is occurring due to the recent release of COVID-19 relief stimulus payments. 

Banks may be experiencing a high volume of online activity.  In order to maintain their systems, some banks are limiting the amount of traffic to their servers, which may cause temporary issues when attempting to download from these banks into Quicken.

For more information and to continue following this issue, please visit the Alert posted here and "bookmark" the thread by clicking the yellow star in the upper right.

Thank you,

Sarah

Answers

• DisplacedHoosier
    DisplacedHoosier Member ✭✭✭✭
    You are not alone. All of my accounts also return CC-505 this morning. Hopefully just a temporary server glitch. I confirmed I could logon at the ally.com site...
  • Tom Connell
    Tom Connell Member ✭✭✭
    Just downloaded and installed the latest Quicken for Windows update and now getting the CC-505 error for all my ALLY accounts.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 2021
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report your issue here in the Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please review this error-specific support article for Windows regarding error CC-505 or this support article for Mac regarding error CC-105.

If the error persists after 48 hours, please contact Quicken Support directly as our support agents will need to collect and investigate your log files for possible escalation with our Tier 2 team in order to have it resolved.

I do apologize as we do not have the necessary tools to be able to resolve this issue from here in the Community.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• AllyBank, Wells Fargo and AmEx update errors following upgrading to R30.19
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    [removed - off-topic]
  • rclksr
    rclksr Member ✭✭
    This was an issue several times last year. I get the CC-505 error while trying to download transactions from Ally Bank. It appears with the new year the same trouble is back. The last time I was instructed to reset the accounts which did not fix the issue. I was also told to deactivate and re-add the account which most times got it back working only to stop again. Eventually the problem was resolved on its own without a word from Quicken. Ally Bank says the issue is with Quicken. Any help?
  • ppg
    ppg Member
    Is there an update on this? I am still getting the error cc-505 with all my Ally accounts
  • DisplacedHoosier
    DisplacedHoosier Member ✭✭✭✭
    It was working again for most of yesterday. But, it's now back to the CC-505 error. I know Ally's web site and also their mobile app has been a bit flaky recently, so I'm assuming it's their end...
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Our teams have confirmed that this error is occurring due to the recent release of COVID-19 relief stimulus payments. 

Banks may be experiencing a high volume of online activity.  In order to maintain their systems, some banks are limiting the amount of traffic to their servers, which may cause temporary issues when attempting to download from these banks into Quicken.

For more information and to continue following this issue, please visit the Alert posted here and "bookmark" the thread by clicking the yellow star in the upper right.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Deanr14
    Deanr14 Member ✭✭
    Also requesting an update on this, getting the cc-505 error on all of my Ally accounts.
This discussion has been closed.