TIAA Bank transactions

Is anyone else using TIAA Bank? I'm not getting transactions downloaded. I've Reset the account and tried everything I can think of. I've submitted a support request several times but never hear anything back from Quicken support.

Best Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @elvee

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

A "501"  can have several causes that will require contact to support a review of the logs to determine the error. This error may also require an escalation to resolve.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Support has the necessary tools to resolve this issue that the Community does not.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • esaurusaitis
    esaurusaitis Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    TIAA updates have been working since Quicken upgraded their back-end servers.

Answers

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Hi @chall3809,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

I would like to gather some more information to better assist you:

What version/release of Quicken are you using? (You can find this out by going to Help > About Quicken.)

How long have you been experiencing this issue?

Are you receiving any specific error codes in the One Step Summary after your update is complete?

The reason I ask about the error codes is because there is currently a known issue with users receiving a CC-501 with TIAA. We are actively working on trying to resolve the issues as soon as possible.
    Best,
    JV
  • chall3809
    chall3809 Member ✭✭
    Quicken Deluxe
    Year: 2020
    Version: R30.14
    Build: 27.130.14

No error codes - just no data being downloaded.
  • Roger Starr
    Roger Starr Member ✭✭
    I'm also having TIAA issues. For about a week One Step Update cannot connect to TIAA to download transactions. I get a CC-508 saying that TIAA reports there is a new page or popup that I have to acknowledge. I have logged into TIAA from a browser and there is nothing I need to acknowledge. I have tried doing a reset and that did not work either.

Quicken Deluxe
    Year: 2020
    Version: R30.14
    Build: 27.1.30.14
  • prpfeif1
    prpfeif1 Member ✭✭
    After you login to TIAA, click on small link (upper top) that says "continue to TIAA" There you find some electronic docs to ok (just download them) just the act of downloading them allows you ok them.
    That fixed the problem for me. The notice on quicken when I reset the accounts, sent me looking for docs to accept.
  • Roger Starr
    Roger Starr Member ✭✭
    @prpfeif1 - Thanks for taking the time to post the info. That solved my problem too!!
  • chall3809
    chall3809 Member ✭✭
    When I login to TIAA I don't see any docs to download - just a totally redesigned web page.
  • Roger Starr
    Roger Starr Member ✭✭
    @chall3809 because I only have a CD with TIAA and when I opened that account, I bookmarked www.tiaa.org/public as the site to log in at. That isn't what Quicken uses for login. Quicken uses www.tiaabank.com.

If you go to www.tiaabank.com and login from there, the screen you land on as prpfeif1 said will have a link for "Continue to TIAA" in the upper right. It will be just to the left of Help and Sign Off. If you click that link, it will get you to the page where if you have docs to read and acknowledge, they will be there.
  • chall3809
    chall3809 Member ✭✭
    This is all I see when I go there. It looks like some kind of document or message is marked, but it doesn't show me what or where.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @chall3809

Thank you for the additional details, although I apologize that you have not received a response. 

If you are still needing assistance, I would next recommend contacting TIAA directly with the assistance of locating the documentation that is needed on their website.

Please let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • prpfeif1
    prpfeif1 Member ✭✭
    This is link where I login maybe this help.
    https://www.tiaabank.com
  • elvee
    elvee Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same problem plus another. I either get the error to do something on the web site, but more often that not I get a CC-501 Unable to connect to the Quicken server. I haven't been able to download transaction for about a month now.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @elvee

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

A "501"  can have several causes that will require contact to support a review of the logs to determine the error. This error may also require an escalation to resolve.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Support has the necessary tools to resolve this issue that the Community does not.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • chall3809
    chall3809 Member ✭✭
    I have found the Quicken seems to download OK if the Security Method on the TIAA website is changed from 2FA to Push Notification for mobile App.
  • esaurusaitis
    esaurusaitis Member ✭✭✭
    TIAA Bank downloads still not working. I have 2 step authentication which seems to cause the issue. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.
  • Having a similar problem, Quicken for Mac Version 6.1.1 (Build 601.37924.100), MacOS 11.2. Changed my TIAA password last week for TIAA-CREF and Quicken is no longer able to connect. "UsedID or password is invalid." Works fine on the website. TIAA says it must be a Quicken problem.
  • esaurusaitis
    esaurusaitis Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    TIAA updates have been working since Quicken upgraded their back-end servers.