How do I download Apple Card transactions into quicken

When setting up my new Apple Card credit card account, I click on Apple card as my bank. The Apple Card account is automatically set up as a checking account, with no opportunity to set it up as a credit card account. When I try to set up online download, it takes me to Activate One Step Set Up, and asks me to name the account, and treats this name as a new name. Having given a new name, it asks starting balance, which is 0, it is a new card. The next page tells me to log into my Financial Institutions web page, which is card.apple.com. This takes me to the Apple Card website. From the Apple Card Website, it gives instructions on down loading a QFX file from my IPhone. The I iPhone then tells me I can send the QFX file by email, messenger, airdrop, etc but gives no instructions on how to communicate to my Windows laptop Quicken Premier 2020.
Any advice on how to set up and transfer transactions for my Apple Credit Card (Apple Card) into Quicken on my windows laptop?

Best Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Once you have transferred the .QFX file from the phone to the computer, you can either do File->File Import->Web Connect file or just double click on the QFX in Windows Explorer to cause Quicken to start and import the QFX file.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @tybee01,

So the problem is getting the file from your iphone to your Windows computer?  I am not an apple user, so this may naive, but couldn't you just email it to a gmail account on your windows computer?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Tybee01
    Tybee01 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Splashed, Thank you for your help. I greatly appreciate it!

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Once you have transferred the .QFX file from the phone to the computer, you can either do File->File Import->Web Connect file or just double click on the QFX in Windows Explorer to cause Quicken to start and import the QFX file.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Tybee01,

I believe that you may have setup you Apple credit card to connect to the Apple Bank link rather than to the Apple credit card link. See this Snip:

If you have in fact set this Quicken account up using the other financial institution (Apple Bank) you need to deactivate the account and then set it up again from scratch using the credit card link.

Let me know of you have any followups.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Tybee01
    Tybee01 Member ✭✭
    Frank,

Thank you for your reply. I am using apple card as the institution. I called apple card, and spent three hrs trying to find solutions. The only way to export the QFX file is through the Apple Wallet app on the phone. I export the QFX file, and end up in the share link, through which I can email, message, airdrop, carrier pigeon, etc the file. However, there are no choices, such as web connect, that communicates with quicken. I emailed the file to me, but there is no apparent way to get the file from an email into quicken. Quicken says use web connect from your bank. I have used web connect and know how that works with a normal bank. The missing link that I hope you can answer is getting the file from the iphone down load into Quicken.

Another anomaly is that when I select Apple Card as the bank, I give the account a name, and it automatically sets up the account as a checking account, without giving me the choice of checking, savings, credit etc

Thank you for any help or thoughts you may have.
  • Tybee01
    Tybee01 Member ✭✭
    Splasher,

Thank you for your comment. How do I get the file onto my computer from my I phone?
  • Tybee01
    Tybee01 Member ✭✭
    Splasher, My computer is a Windows 10, not a Mac, which may add to the complications
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @tybee01,

So the problem is getting the file from your iphone to your Windows computer?  I am not an apple user, so this may naive, but couldn't you just email it to a gmail account on your windows computer?

Frankx

• Tybee01
    Tybee01 Member ✭✭
    Thank You Frank!

I emailed the file to me as an attachment, clicked on the attachment, opened as file type Quicken Windows. I then got the new account screen in Quicken, gave the account a name, and which allowed me to make it a credit card account. Hit enter and my Apple Card is now properly set up as a credit card account in Quicken. So, problem solved!

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it!
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    @Tybee01
    Next time, it will just start Quicken (if not already open) and do the import without creating the account.

[edited changed with to without]

• Tybee01
    Tybee01 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Splashed, Thank you for your help. I greatly appreciate it!
  • Arbee3
    Arbee3 Member ✭✭
    Because Quicken does not recognize the Apple Card as a credit card (i.e.: Amex, Discover, Citi, Chase, etc.) it's impossible to set up the Apple card in Quicken. Quicken must make an addition to their line up of supported and popular institutions so that the Apple Card appears as of the the other 14,000+ supported institutions do. Until Quicken takes the time and effort to add Apple Card to their listing, Apple Card users will continue to have this set up problem.
  • Arbee3
    Arbee3 Member ✭✭
    The only way to set up the Apple Card as a credit card account is to set it up as an "Offline" account. This means that each transaction must be hand entered into Quicken.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Arbee3,

Other Quicken users have been successful in downloading a .QFX file and importing transactions into Quicken through the "Quicken Connect" method.  See the messages previously posted in this thread (above).

Frankx

• porupsky
    porupsky Member
    I just did this for four months of transactions. Of the 4 files, only 3 of 4 worked. This is ludicrous that they don't support the traditional update method in quicken. To the point that I may be down with Apple Card/Goldman Sachs.
This discussion has been closed.