How to enter interest income on an annuity

I have a retirement account with an investment company that contains 4 different funds. One of those funds is an annuity that earns monthly interest. The other three are stock mutual funds. When Quicken syncs, it combines the total for all 4 funds. While the monthly interest is included in the total value for the investment company, it doesn't capture the monthly interest as interest income. I would like to add that interest to my monthly income so when I run an income and expense report, it's included. How can I capture that interest income?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Tax  Attribute is set for  the account?
    Are Dividends, Cap Gains, etc for the other  funds included in the report?
    Is each security, including the Annuity, included in the report?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• lake2468
    lake2468 Member
    It's set up as a tax deferred 403b, if that's what you're asking. I believe cap gains would not appear because it's unrealized gains.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tax attributes for any account are found by clicking on TOOLS, Account List, clicking
    EDIT adjacent to the Account name and then clicking "Tax Schedule" at the bottom of the Account Details dialog.
    And, mutual funds (you said that you have 3 in the same account) pay Capital Gains distributions all the time, especially at year end.
    If you'd name the fund company, and the 3 stock funds, we can look into this further.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• lake2468
    lake2468 Member
    I found a pretty easy work around for this issue. Thanks NotACPA!
This discussion has been closed.