How do I create a report of voided transactions?

I'm trying to create a printable report of all my voided transactions - I can't find any instructions anywhere that seem to match my version of Quicken.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @LyonCoCD

There isn't a "standard report" in Quicken for voided checks, however you can create a report.

Here are the steps:
    1) Open up the "Reports & Graphs Center";
    2) Under "Banking" > select "Transaction";
    3) Enter your date range and then click "Customize";
    4) Click on the "Payee" tab;
    5) In the "Select payees" click "Clear ALL" > then check the box,or boxes, for "VOID", "**VOID**" and any other variations of that (such as "**VOID****VOID**);
    6) Click on "Show Report"

That should do it.  Let me know if you have any followups and/or how this goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    When we void a transaction in Quicken, Quicken creates a Payee for it.  For example:  **VOID**Auto Loan or **VOID**Student Loans
    If you want to get a report showing all the voided transactions, select and open he report you want to use.  I think Banking > Transaction, Spending > Itemized Categories or Spending > Itemized Payees would be good reports to use for this if you have not already selected one.
    After you have opened it, click on the Customize report gear icon at the top right corner of the report and select the Date range for the report that you want.  Then click on the Payees tab, click Clear All, check the boxes for each of the **VOID** payees and then click OK which will open the report showing only the transactions for the payees whose boxes were checked.  The report can then be printed or exported to Excel.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @LyonCoCD

There isn't a "standard report" in Quicken for voided checks, however you can create a report.

Here are the steps:
    1) Open up the "Reports & Graphs Center";
    2) Under "Banking" > select "Transaction";
    3) Enter your date range and then click "Customize";
    4) Click on the "Payee" tab;
    5) In the "Select payees" click "Clear ALL" > then check the box,or boxes, for "VOID", "**VOID**" and any other variations of that (such as "**VOID****VOID**);
    6) Click on "Show Report"

That should do it.  Let me know if you have any followups and/or how this goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Assuming you used the Void transaction process within Quicken which inserts **VOID** in the Payee name, customize a Banking Transactions report accordingly:

Not sure what you are expecting to learn from this, since all the transaction amounts also get changed to $0.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using the Void transaction function changed the transaction's amount to $0.00 and added **VOID** to the Payee Name.
    The fastest way I can think of to get a report of all voided transactions is to
    • select the All Transactions view
    • change the Date Range filter to "Last Year" or "All Dates" as needed
    • type void  into the register's Search box on the right
    This view is printable by pressing CTRL-P

• LyonCoCD
    LyonCoCD Member ✭✭
    Thanks everybody! I have to show in a report where the amounts that got re-added to the balance came from. This worked like a charm - thanks again!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're not doing this already ...
    when voiding a transaction remember to put the original transaction amount into the Memo field, for future reference.
    The void function doesn't do that for you ... but I think it should, similar to foreign currency transactions recording the foreign currency amount in Memo ... :-(
This discussion has been closed.