showing -splits-

Is there possibly a way to turn-on the splits to display in the register for all entries? I sometimes wish to scan my entries and splits within, especially this time of the year. It would make it more efficient for editing and standardizing my entries without having to resort to a printed report. The ability to view and edit the categories (ctrl+C) is convenient for other kinds of reviews and edits. Having the splits all open right there on my register display would make this process very efficient.
Thank you, Dave
Quicken user since DOS 1.1 (1983)

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you open a Register report: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + N, and select More Reports > Register Report
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you... I thought that might be the only way... would be nicer to have real-time on the screen and not have to print it out. Register view that is. I know the print screen shows the data but editing is difficult from there.
    A report is just a different view of the same real-time data.  You do not need to print it out.  A double left-click on transaction in the Register report will bring you to the transaction in the register.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you open a Register report: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + N, and select More Reports > Register Report
  • Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you... I thought that might be the only way... would be nicer to have real-time on the screen and not have to print it out. Register view that is. I know the print screen shows the data but editing is difficult from there.
    Quicken user since DOS 1.1 (1983)
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    A report is just a different view of the same real-time data.  You do not need to print it out.  A double left-click on transaction in the Register report will bring you to the transaction in the register.