FACT: Quicken takes no responsibility in ensuring your Check Pay payments are made

Options
While Quicken can't and won't make any "guarantees", they will not allow themselves to be held accountable if your payments are late. Example, my Check Pay payment is over 10 days late from the time that Quicken estimated delivery. There is no way for them to track it. The paper check is still missing in action. I get penalized by the payee for being late. And Quicken does not have any obligation. Forget what's in the small print...I ask...is this customer centric and sound solution offering to a consumer?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To avoid late check fees, I would recommend you send your payments by check up to 3 weeks early.
    • Due to the COVID-19 virus, the check printing facility seems to be a tad slow
    • Ditto for the US Mail service or the check was lost in the mail
    • Ditto for the check processing facility at the biller or they could not process the check because it did not contain a correct account number
    As a better alternative, I recommend allowing the biller to automatically withdraw the payment on the Due Date directly from your checking account (or a credit card). Electronic Direct Pay, PAC Draft, Auto-Pay or whatever the biller calls it usually processes within a day or two.
    You just need to make sure that your checking account has sufficient balance to avoid NSF penalty fees.
  • ashalit
    ashalit Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. So you are advocating not using Quicken for bill payment.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't use BillPay, or any of it's predecessors.
    I use either Direct Debit (as @UKR suggests above) or the free payment service from my Fidelity brokerage account for those vendors whom don't use Direct Debit (say, my doctors) and for my mortgage where the lender would Direct Debit on the 1st of the month and I've actually got a "grace period" until the 15th (when I pay it)

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• ashalit
    ashalit Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. Personally, i try to stay away from Direct Debit. I don't like giving vendors direct access to my bank accounts, where they can pull money out.

One of the attractions to Quicken has always been the centralized control of managing payments to all my vendors from one convenient place, and having it tightly integrated into my system of record (ie My register).
This discussion has been closed.