Cannot sign in after update

Options
IanH
IanH Member ✭✭
Quicken update itself to R30.21, build 27.1.30.21. I can't get past the Quicken ID sign-in screen now. Sign in seems to succeed but then I get to a screen that prompts me:

You have an active subscription with Quicken

Continue to download and install the product.
Sign in with your Quicken ID, and it will be ready to use.

DOWNLOAD FOR WINDOWS

Not on Windows? Download for macOS

(See image attached)

I downloaded the suggested install but the properties indicate a version number that is the same as the build number I already have installed. (See image attached)

This seems to be a serious bug that is keeping me from my information.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @IanH,

If you haven't already tried this - close out Quicken and then reboot your computer.  Then restart, open Quicken and let us know whether you are still unable to sign-in.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @IanH,

If you haven't already tried this - close out Quicken and then reboot your computer.  Then restart, open Quicken and let us know whether you are still unable to sign-in.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• IanH
    IanH Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK, that seems to have done it. Sort of.

I get past login but now I get this when I try to update:
    "Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time. Please wait at least ten minutes, then try again. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I'm not sure whether this is a related issue but I never had it until the login problem.
  • IanH
    IanH Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry forgot to say "Thanks!"
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Check if Windows Defender feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

Have you recently enabled a VPN? If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off and see if that helps.
This discussion has been closed.