Why do Itemized Payee and Itemized Category reports disagree? Defect: Itemized Payee report

DEFECT? Trying to create a report of last year's charitable contributions, subtotaled by payee. "Quicken Standard Reports/Itemized Categories", customized to only "Charity" category, produces a different total than "Quicken Standard Reports/Itemized Payees", customized to only "Charity" category.
Why? This must be a defect. The "Itemized Payee" report, customized to only "Charity" category, omits amounts in a split transaction if the "Charity" category is not the first item in the split. The "Itemized Category" report correctly reports transactions regardless of location within a split for the "Charity" category, though it does display subtotals by payee.
How do I get a correct report of charitable contributions, subtotaled by payee?
Tagged:

Answers

• Ed Perry
    Ed Perry Member ✭✭
    Correction, "Itemized Category" report does NOT display subtotals by payee, though it correctly reports amounts in splits.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you open the Itemized Payee report, press Alt + C, and check Show splits.
  • Ed Perry
    Ed Perry Member ✭✭
    That setting does not save with the report. So it is of no use as an annual tax report.
  • Ed Perry
    Ed Perry Member ✭✭
    So is it a defect that some customizations are not save with a report?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ed Perry said:
    That setting does not save with the report. So it is of no use as an annual tax report.
    For an annual tax report,  I suggest you consider using the Tax Summary report.
  • Ed Perry
    Ed Perry Member ✭✭
    Okay, with sufficient customization I can get a report that saves and summarizes the way I need it, by collapsing all.
    Thanks.
    But it exports to Excel and clipboard uncollapsed. I want an Excel version so I can add check marks as I verify receipt documentation, and also as I enter into a tax form.
    Any way to export as shown on the screen, collapsed? (to anything but PDF)?
This discussion has been closed.