Remove a transaction from budget not whole category

I have 2 credit cards in my budget and last month I transferred the balance from 1st credit card to the 2nd credit card. It shows as Expense from 1st credit card, but it's throwing off the budget because of the large transfer. How can I remove this credit card to credit card transaction in my budget? I still want to show the payments from my income (in checking) going to the credit cards but not the transfers in-between the credit cards.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

To exclude the transaction from the budget, I suggest you consider replacing the transfer transaction with matching withdrawal and deposit transactions and use a category not included in the budget.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

To exclude the transaction from the budget, I suggest you consider replacing the transfer transaction with matching withdrawal and deposit transactions and use a category not included in the budget.
  • BethR
    BethR Member ✭✭
    It worked perfect. I used the "Loan Payment: Principal" which I don't use and used the category for both the payment and charge to the cards. In effect, it cancelled each other out & it's still categorized that makes sense to me. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.