How do I limit a schedule with Quicken Bill Manager

Say I want to make 5 payments over 5 years or 5 quarters or 5 months. All the same $ amount.  While I can set a schedule there seems to be no way to set an end date and/or # of total payments?

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    You can. 

Setup your scheduled transaction, and click on the disclosure triangle (next to "Starting) for more scheduling options. There, you can choose and end date or after a # of payments. 

Answers

• John_in_NC
    Accepted Answer
    You can. 

Setup your scheduled transaction, and click on the disclosure triangle (next to "Starting) for more scheduling options. There, you can choose and end date or after a # of payments. 

• BJL
    BJL Mac Beta Beta
    Thank you so so much.  Didn't notice that before!  Duh!  So I ended up setting them up on my bank's bill pay site directly.   Really appreciate John,

• BJL
    BJL Mac Beta Beta
    One more question.  Since some payees are "enrolled" what are the key differences between Bill Manager Check Pay and Bank Bill Pay? I assume in both cases the payee gets a paper check in the mail?
  • John_in_NC
    BJL said:
    One more question.  Since some payees are "enrolled" what are the key differences between Bill Manager Check Pay and Bank Bill Pay? I assume in both cases the payee gets a paper check in the mail?
    I really can't provide a concrete answer as I never use the Bill Payment functionality within Quicken.

I do know that Bank Bill Pay is when you transmit payment transactions to your bank (Financial institution.) Bill Manager QuickPay/Check Pay is Quicken's third party service that will work if you have a bank that doesn't support Bank Bill Pay.

Both services can provide electronic transmission/drop check in mail services. Whether you can depends on your bank's fee structures, vendors, etc. 
  • BJL
    BJL Mac Beta Beta
    Thanks John. I will look to other resources to get a clearer understanding of what the differences if any are.  Thanks again. You solved my main issue!
This discussion has been closed.