How do I limit a schedule with Quicken Bill Manager

Say I want to make 5 payments over 5 years or 5 quarters or 5 months. All the same $ amount.  While I can set a schedule there seems to be no way to set an end date and/or # of total payments?

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You can. 

Setup your scheduled transaction, and click on the disclosure triangle (next to "Starting) for more scheduling options. There, you can choose and end date or after a # of payments. 

Answers

• John_in_NC
    Answer ✓
    You can. 

Setup your scheduled transaction, and click on the disclosure triangle (next to "Starting) for more scheduling options. There, you can choose and end date or after a # of payments. 

• BJL
    BJL Mac Beta Beta
    Thank you so so much.  Didn't notice that before!  Duh!  So I ended up setting them up on my bank's bill pay site directly.   Really appreciate John,

• BJL
    BJL Mac Beta Beta
    One more question.  Since some payees are "enrolled" what are the key differences between Bill Manager Check Pay and Bank Bill Pay? I assume in both cases the payee gets a paper check in the mail?
  • John_in_NC
    BJL said:
    One more question.  Since some payees are "enrolled" what are the key differences between Bill Manager Check Pay and Bank Bill Pay? I assume in both cases the payee gets a paper check in the mail?
    I really can't provide a concrete answer as I never use the Bill Payment functionality within Quicken.

I do know that Bank Bill Pay is when you transmit payment transactions to your bank (Financial institution.) Bill Manager QuickPay/Check Pay is Quicken's third party service that will work if you have a bank that doesn't support Bank Bill Pay.

Both services can provide electronic transmission/drop check in mail services. Whether you can depends on your bank's fee structures, vendors, etc. 
  • BJL
    BJL Mac Beta Beta
    Thanks John. I will look to other resources to get a clearer understanding of what the differences if any are.  Thanks again. You solved my main issue!
This discussion has been closed.