Remove "Uncleared" pencil icon from investment account transactions after downloading

There are times that I have to manually enter investment transactions; for example, when shares are transferred from one account to another, Quicken will move individual lot transfer transactions, but the brokerage firm only shows on one transfer of all shares, so I cannot match these transactions, and I delete the brokerage downloaded transaction. How do I remove the "uncleared" pencil from the Quicken generated transaction?

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    I suggest you mark the transactions as Cleared when you delete the relevant downloaded transactions.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    hcgewin52 said:
    This removed the "Uncleared" icons, but only after refreshing the file with a save or closing and re-opening the file (it does not immediately remove the "Uncleared" icon when saving the transaction.

On another topic, is there any way to mark numerous transactions as "Cleared" or "Reconciled" in an investment account that has a separate linked cash account? It is very time consuming to mark each individually and save.
    It may not be any faster if you have a lot of transactions in the checking account but... We may set the investment account back to including the cash, perform a reconcile, and then set the investment account back to excluding the cash.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    hcgewin52 said:
    That might work, but isn't worth the risk in my case since I have a lot of linked-cash account transactions. I could see numerous incorrect transactions popping up and reconciliation nightmares, but maybe the application is sophisticated enough to handle this now. It didn't used to be.
    I haven't had any issues switching back and forth recently or in the past but this isn't something I perform regularly.  If you had problems, perhaps the issues you experienced were unrelated.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    hcgewin52 said:
    Thank you, I appreciate your input. Can I ask you, do you see any reason to keep a "bank" account as a linked cash account to an investment account? Other than having the cash assets show as a Banking Account at the top (which I don't need), it appears that all transactions such as check writing, etc. can be entered in a non-linked investment account. I'm assuming that the downloads would work just as well if the account wasn't "linked" to a cash account.
    There are significant advantages to having the cash appear in a checking account when the account is used for spending.  One of the big ones is being able to manage the cash holding more easily.  For example, the Projected Balances view does not support investment accounts but will support the linked checking account.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    I suggest you mark the transactions as Cleared when you delete the relevant downloaded transactions.
  • hcgewin52
    hcgewin52 Member ✭✭
    This removed the "Uncleared" icons, but only after refreshing the file with a save or closing and re-opening the file (it does not immediately remove the "Uncleared" icon when saving the transaction.

On another topic, is there any way to mark numerous transactions as "Cleared" or "Reconciled" in an investment account that has a separate linked cash account? It is very time consuming to mark each individually and save.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    hcgewin52 said:

It may not be any faster if you have a lot of transactions in the checking account but... We may set the investment account back to including the cash, perform a reconcile, and then set the investment account back to excluding the cash.
  • hcgewin52
    hcgewin52 Member ✭✭
    That might work, but isn't worth the risk in my case since I have a lot of linked-cash account transactions. I could see numerous incorrect transactions popping up and reconciliation nightmares, but maybe the application is sophisticated enough to handle this now. It didn't used to be.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    hcgewin52 said:
    I haven't had any issues switching back and forth recently or in the past but this isn't something I perform regularly.  If you had problems, perhaps the issues you experienced were unrelated.
  • hcgewin52
    hcgewin52 Member ✭✭
    Thank you, I appreciate your input. Can I ask you, do you see any reason to keep a "bank" account as a linked cash account to an investment account? Other than having the cash assets show as a Banking Account at the top (which I don't need), it appears that all transactions such as check writing, etc. can be entered in a non-linked investment account. I'm assuming that the downloads would work just as well if the account wasn't "linked" to a cash account.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    hcgewin52 said:
    There are significant advantages to having the cash appear in a checking account when the account is used for spending.  One of the big ones is being able to manage the cash holding more easily.  For example, the Projected Balances view does not support investment accounts but will support the linked checking account.