When attempting to add a new loan, the system will not allow me to create it

When I am attempting to create a new loan account, the system will not allow me to progress past the "Add Loan Reminder" page. I will hit Next on the "Your Loan Reminder" page, it will bring me to "Loan Payment Reminder". I will update to the correct account the funds will be coming out of but it will only go back to the "Your Loan Reminder" page and will not continue. When I attempt to "X" out of that window, it will ask if I want to cancel the creation of the account.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Chance7 said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    > If you aren't already, I suggest using an offline account for the loan.
    >
    > If the issue persists, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

I tried to add the account using the online services, USAA and Quicken are not "talking" correctly so cannot set up this Loan account via a download.

These are the screenshots I receive when I try to set up an offline account. The system will not progress past the "Your Loan Reminder" and "Loan Payment Reminder" screens, it will keep cycling through those even though I have updated the information.

I reviewed the link you sent, unfortunately that does not provide the information to resolve the issue of why the system will not progress past the setup loan reminder screens.
    The theory is the adding of the reminder is failing and Quicken isn't handling the error properly.  As guided, you should confirm the issue doesn't reproduce in the test file, then attempt the Copy and Validate which may be able to detect and correct the reminder issue.  The results reported have been mixed.  (Your post is the eighth discussion on this topic since December 2019 that I am aware of.)

Answers

• Chance7
    Chance7 Member ✭✭
    Screenshots
  • Chance7
    Chance7 Member ✭✭
    Second screenshot
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you aren't already, I suggest using an offline account for the loan.

If the issue persists, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
  • Chance7
    Chance7 Member ✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    >
    > If the issue persists, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

I tried to add the account using the online services, USAA and Quicken are not "talking" correctly so cannot set up this Loan account via a download.

These are the screenshots I receive when I try to set up an offline account. The system will not progress past the "Your Loan Reminder" and "Loan Payment Reminder" screens, it will keep cycling through those even though I have updated the information.

I reviewed the link you sent, unfortunately that does not provide the information to resolve the issue of why the system will not progress past the setup loan reminder screens.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Chance7 said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    >

The theory is the adding of the reminder is failing and Quicken isn't handling the error properly.  As guided, you should confirm the issue doesn't reproduce in the test file, then attempt the Copy and Validate which may be able to detect and correct the reminder issue.  The results reported have been mixed.  (Your post is the eighth discussion on this topic since December 2019 that I am aware of.)
  • Chance7
    Chance7 Member ✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > The theory is the adding of the reminder is failing and Quicken isn't handling the error properly.  As guided, you should confirm the issue doesn't reproduce in the test file, then attempt the Copy and Validate which may be able to detect and correct the reminder issue.  The results reported have been mixed.  (Your post is the eighth discussion on this topic since December 2019 that I am aware of.)

Thank you for the information Sherlock. I was not able to add this account to my existing profile, but the test account was able to add this and all my other accounts. I have backed up my old profile but will start working with my new profile so that I can track all my account.
This discussion has been closed.