I can't change the email address field when converting some older files

I've been a Quicken user since 1992 and have a file for each year. I was converting the older files to the current format, and I had a problem with 3 years. When I convert older files, I'm asked for my email address and password. For those 3 years there is already something in my email address block, and it won't let me edit it to get the correct email address. These files were last updated in 2017. What do I do to correct this?

Best Answer

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Isn't there a option to Sign in as a different user?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Isn't there a option to Sign in as a different user?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Mark WS
    Mark WS Member
    It did suggest creating another ID if I was having a problem with my ID. I tried to do that, but it still required an email address and wouldn't allow me to enter one in the box.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark WS said:
    It did suggest creating another ID if I was having a problem with my ID. I tried to do that, but it still required an email address and wouldn't allow me to enter one in the box.

Give as much information as you can.

Creating another ID? Are you talking Windows operating system? Quicken?

What version of Quicken are you running? You have not disclosed.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Mark WS
    Mark WS Member
    I have a current subscription to Quicken. It indicates Year:2020, Version: R30.21, Build: 27.1.30.21. I'm running Windows 10. I'm in the conversion process in Quicken. Quicken asks for my email address and password for Quicken. With all the other files I converted, both boxes were empty and editable. With the three years I'm having trouble with, there is a partial email address in the email box, and it won't allow me to edit it. I get a round red symbol with a slash in it when I hover over that box. Below these boxes Quicken indicates that if there is an issue with that ID, I can create a new ID. When I do that, it has three boxes. One for an email address, one for a mobile phone number, and a third for a password. The email address block is not editable, and it is required.
  • Mark WS
    Mark WS Member
    My issue was resolved by customer support. In the middle of the screen there is a line that includes the words "Sign in with a Different Account". If you click on those words a box will pop up allowing you to enter "yes" for signing out. That clears the ID (email) box and makes it editable.
This discussion has been closed.