Bills and Income Shows Credit Balance Wrong

Options
In the Bills & Income tab, my online credit card account with a positive/credit balance (in my favor) shows as a balance due (-$50 in red, instead of $50 in black).  Quicken bug?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    jswafa said:
    Yes - this is a reminder, and I have it set to show the credit card balance.   It's showing $50 due, instead of a $50 credit balance.  It's shown correctly elsewhere.
    There is indeed a Quicken bug in the sign of the estimate amount of the credit card balance displayed on the Bills (and Bills, Income & Transfers) views on the Bill & Income tab when there is positive balance.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The account balances shown in the views on the Bill & Income tab include reminders.
  • jswafa
    jswafa Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes - this is a reminder, and I have it set to show the credit card balance.   It's showing $50 due, instead of a $50 credit balance.  It's shown correctly elsewhere.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    jswafa said:
    There is indeed a Quicken bug in the sign of the estimate amount of the credit card balance displayed on the Bills (and Bills, Income & Transfers) views on the Bill & Income tab when there is positive balance.
  • jswafa
    jswafa Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sherlock said:
    jswafa said:
    Thanks Sherlock.  Not a huge deal, but seems like an easy fix!  Even zero balance credit card accounts could be handled better.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jswafa said:
    Sherlock said:
    jswafa said:
    Thanks Sherlock.  Not a huge deal, but seems like an easy fix!  Even zero balance credit card accounts could be handled better.
    Quicken has always had issues with bill reminders that include transfers.

There is also an estimate inconsistency apparent when we edit the reminder: select Edit this instance and all future instances  It appears as if there was some recognition of the estimate issue in the reminder but the adjusted amount was not appropriately propagated.
  • Beezer77
    Beezer77 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I came here today to mention this same bug re the Bill & Income tab showing a credit balance as negative. Any acknowledgment from Quicken as to this bug and a plan to fix?
This discussion has been closed.