Historical data not remembered at data entry

Options
Am using Quicken for Mac (6.0.3). The application used to remember past data. By that I mean if I have a bill for the same amount every month, I would start typing, select the Payee and then the amount field would be completed with the last amount for that Payee - the amount I entered last month. This no longer happens.

Other fields are also not remembered - for example when I enter a payment to a credit card that is also managed in Quicken, the transfer field is no longer remember from the last time I entered a payment for the card, I have to select the Quicken account to transfer to every time.

Did something change? Thanks.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @jbj

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering if your quickfill rules may have been deactivated and that's why we're not seeing the options anymore. We'll want to make sure the quickfill rules are activated.

Go to Quicken Preferences > Register tab > QuickFill Rules (last settings at bottom of tab)
    Then enable: Automatically create rule when I edit a transaction
    and set: When saving new QuickFill Rules, save Category only
    I'll leave a photo down below what it should look like.

Once activated try to see if we're able to get it up and running again.

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    An addendum to the post above: if you want to see your prior amount paid each time, then you should select "All fields" instead of "Category only":

All fields includes memos, tags and amounts, where Category only is, well, category only. ;)

As for seeing transfers from QuickFill rules, there is a bug in the current release which hides the Transfer from showing up in the Category field, and blanks out the category if you tab into that field. You can get around this by using your mouse to click to any field other than category after selecting a Payee -- but don't worry if this sounds messy; it's a bug which will hopefully be fixed in the near future.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.