Security name does not match ticker

Options
vzts4q
vzts4q Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Just noticed that the security name in Quicken for Mac is wrong for the symbol. FBMPX should be Fidelity Select Communication Services Portfolio. and this is what it shows on Quicken.com But on my Mac it is showing Fidelity Select Multimedia Portfolio. And it will not let me edit it to the correct name. It shows no matching securities when I try to edit it.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The fund changed its name from Multimedia Services to Select Communication Services. From the Fidelity website:

Since the change took place more than two years ago, most of the world has caught up with it, but I still found some tracking sites showing the old name, like this one:

Quicken gets its information from one or more third-party providers, so they would need to reach out to their provider to ask that they catch up to 2021 and update the name. You can report this problem to Quicken using the Help > Report a Problem feature. You won't hear back from anyone at Quicken, and these things may take awhile to get sorted out because there are multiple players involved, but hopefully you'll see the name change at some point in the future. In the meantime, it's clearly the same fund, so aside from the aesthetics of the name being out of date, your data should be fine. 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The fund changed its name from Multimedia Services to Select Communication Services. From the Fidelity website:

Since the change took place more than two years ago, most of the world has caught up with it, but I still found some tracking sites showing the old name, like this one:

Quicken gets its information from one or more third-party providers, so they would need to reach out to their provider to ask that they catch up to 2021 and update the name. You can report this problem to Quicken using the Help > Report a Problem feature. You won't hear back from anyone at Quicken, and these things may take awhile to get sorted out because there are multiple players involved, but hopefully you'll see the name change at some point in the future. In the meantime, it's clearly the same fund, so aside from the aesthetics of the name being out of date, your data should be fine. 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • vzts4q
    vzts4q Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks I thought that might be the case.
This discussion has been closed.