"One Step Updating" feature is not reporting current info

Options
When i use "One Step updates" Quicken fails to report current data from Discover and TD bank. I have to do a "reset" to get current transactions. This seems to have started when Quicken started "Express Web Connect" Whats going n?
Tagged:

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Discover allows for Direct Connect (DC) download connections, so you should de-activate those accounts and re-activate making sure that you get DC.
    If it is the credit card, use Discover Card, for the financial institution, do not use Discover Card Account Center .  You need to use Advanced Setup to select Direct Connect versus Express Web Connect.

If banking account, there is only one choice, Discover Bank, still use Advanced Setup to select DC.

Make a Quicken backup before doing any of this. 

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Richard Frey
    Richard Frey Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Splasher,
    None of my Direct connect accounts are updating. They do not give an error. they just do not report current transactions. This began with Quicken's new download process a few weeks ago. This new procedure wiped out all of my Direct Connect accounts, which I was able to reestablish with the Deactivate/Reactivate procedure. At the time I did the DC accounts, I did not realize that Quicken had screwed up my Express connect accounts as well, because I was getting no errors. I have deactivated/reactivated all of my EC accounts several times with no success. I am not being offered the advanced features box on any of these deactivate/reactivate attempts. How do you get that feature to appear and do you have any advice?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you do the "add account" process and at the appropriate point in the process where it asks to add the account, change the add to link and select the correct existing account.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.