Window location on startup

Dave1234
Dave1234 Member ✭✭✭
I use Quicken for Windows (currently R30.21) on my Windows 10 laptop.

Somtimes, I use my laptop hooked up to a docking station, which has three monitors. I often move Quicken to a monitor that is not my "main" monitor, and close it when I'm done, without moving it back to my "main" monitor.

If I subsequently start Quicken when the laptop is NOT docked, QW starts but isn't visible on my laptop display. I can hit ALT+SPACE, the letter M (for "Move"), and then use the cursor left/right keys to drag the QW window back to the laptop screen.

My questions:

1. Where does Quicken save its last known X/Y window coordinates? I haven't had any luck finding it in the registry.
2. Can the Quicken folks add some startup logic so that Quicken never starts somewhere that's not part of an active display? (should I post this to the 'feature requests' group?)
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Quicken maintains the application window size and position in the QUSER.INI file located in the user's hidden AppData\Roaming\Quicken\config folder.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Quicken maintains the application window size and position in the QUSER.INI file located in the user's hidden AppData\Roaming\Quicken\config folder.
  • Dave1234
    Dave1234 Member ✭✭✭
    FANTASTIC! Thank you. These settings are in my quser.ini now, and work great for when I've got QW running on a right-side second monitor, but don't work well at all when the only screen I'm using is 1920x1080 (the top left corner is at row 1921)

[Window]
    State=Maximized
    Left=1921
    Top=1
    Height=1049
    Width=1919

Changing the "left" parameter from '1921' to '1' fixes the issue.
This discussion has been closed.