Online billers won't update properly

Several billers who are listed as a online biller will not sync properly or update their information. Quicken solution is a "work around" changing the biller to check pay only, buy more checks, and make a payment.

Best Answer

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    usn68 said:
    I am UNABLE to pay bills through Quicken. If I stop using Quicken I get penalized with an "all or nothing" option. Quicken appears to require I pay for things that don't work in order to keep those things that do work.

Regarding the version, it is R30.21 Build 27.1.30.21
    Well, it is possible to use a downgraded version of Quicken.  I was able to downgrade to Deluxe from Premier when I decided that using Quicken Bill Manager to pay bills was too inconsistent to be useful.  I also discontinued using the bill retrieval service at the same time since it seems to be the source of many issues.  I downgraded when my subscription was up for renewal and was able to extend the term of the renewal because of the change to a lesser version.

As far as Wells Fargo bill payment goes, if they will allow you to pay the amount you prefer directly from their web site, then do it.  All Quick Pay does is "try" to process the payment through the Wells Fargo web site for you.  Since each biller has a unique process/system for doing this, the automated bill payment company used by Quicken just isn't able to consistently process all forms of payment.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

Answers

• usn68
    usn68 Member ✭✭
    Long time user. Disappointed with Bill Manger. The process of adding billers, updating the information and paying bills seems simple, however in reality it ends up being anything but. Problems include credential issues, not getting bill information updated, not being able to pay desired amount, bill information in conflict with amount posted on website, customer support apparently unable to resolve the issues, Quicken and Billers blame each other for the issue, therefore problem continues to exist.

The older Quicken BillPay supposedly had problems, however, I was able to pay bills. The alternatives to Quicken only do some things and not others, so they are not currently viable options

Any suggestions how to fix other than waiting and hoping
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @usn68

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

The issues you are experiencing may be specific to the biller itself. There may also be specific steps that need to be taken to resolve a specific error message. 

To better assist, please include the name of the affected bills, along with any error messages, as well as the version/release of Quicken that you're using.

The more information you can provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • usn68
    usn68 Member ✭✭
    I understand more information is helpful, so here are some specifics. The biller is Wells Fargo. I tried to pay an amount to them smaller than the regularly scheduled amount. It was rejected because it was smaller and indicating that the vendor will ONLY accept the fixed amount. After some research, some additional information is provided.

Discussed with Wells Fargo. They will accept ALL payments. I can send different amounts via my online banking account, through their website, via a personal check through the mail, in person at the bank, via the ATM's, or over the phone via my credit card.

I am UNABLE to pay bills through Quicken. If I stop using Quicken I get penalized with an "all or nothing" option. Quicken appears to require I pay for things that don't work in order to keep those things that do work.

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    usn68 said:

Well, it is possible to use a downgraded version of Quicken.  I was able to downgrade to Deluxe from Premier when I decided that using Quicken Bill Manager to pay bills was too inconsistent to be useful.  I also discontinued using the bill retrieval service at the same time since it seems to be the source of many issues.  I downgraded when my subscription was up for renewal and was able to extend the term of the renewal because of the change to a lesser version.

As far as Wells Fargo bill payment goes, if they will allow you to pay the amount you prefer directly from their web site, then do it.  All Quick Pay does is "try" to process the payment through the Wells Fargo web site for you.  Since each biller has a unique process/system for doing this, the automated bill payment company used by Quicken just isn't able to consistently process all forms of payment.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• usn68
    usn68 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your suggestions. Very interesting and worth exploring. I would ultimately like things to work as advertised, however this may be too much of an uphill challenge and will have to accept reality.
This discussion has been closed.