One Step Update prompts to "Add Account" for Citibank

Options
After One Step Update completes, including updating my Citibank accounts, an "Add Account" for Citibank comes up then disappears. Then it comes up again and stays and I have to cancel it. (Last week for a while after I cancelled Quicken locked up and hard to be hard restarted. Luckily that did not persist.) I have tried all the solutions in previous posts; examining hidden accounts (none are linked), copying and validating file, etc. I've even tried unlinking one of my Citibank accounts and then adding it back when prompted. Nothing makes this go away.
Any suggestions?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What connection method is used for the CitiBank Accounts?  CitiBank allows Direct Connect (DC) - at least mine are all connected that way - but have had instances where these Accounts were using Express Web Connect (EWC)for awhile.  Are they all DC, all EWC, or a mixture?
  • bbowers88
    bbowers88 Member
    Options
    All EWC. Does this make a difference?
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken recently changed how EWC works "under the hood" and this has created problems that haven't existed before.  If you can I'd suggest trying to get all the Accounts hooked up using DC.  (It may not be available to you.)
    I don't really have a good handle on the under the hood aspects of EWC but one thing others have suggested is to create a new Quicken file - it doesn't even have to have any Accounts in it - and then using that file go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts and then delete the Cloud Account for your active (real) Quicken file.
    Then go back to your actual file and try a OSU to see if that changes things.
This discussion has been closed.