Edit > Find/Replace - Now have to wait while all transactions load

mansart
mansart Member, Windows Beta Beta
It used to be that when I used find and replace, the newest transactions would show up immediately at the top of the results list while, presumably, the older transactions continued to fill in below. This way, I could begin looking through the more recent transactions immediately.

At some point things changed. Now when I use Find and Replace, it still lists the newest transactions at the top of the list, but rather than keeping the view there, it automatically scrolls down as it adds all of the older transactions, requiring me to wait until all of the transactions have loaded before I can do anything, (19 years worth of transactions in my case). It also leaves me at the bottom of the list, at the very oldest transactions, so that I have to manually scroll back up to the top of the list in order to see recent transactions.

I can't imagine what the reason for this change might have been. Was it an intentional change in behavior, or the unintended consequence of some other change? Is there any setting to change it back?

Quicken Premier - Windows
Year: 2020
Version: R30.21
Build: 27.1.30.21
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mansart

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I am also seeing this behavior in the search function. I was able to change the sort date by select "Date" and this shows the recent transactions at the bottom

I do not have any additional details on if the change was intentional, so I will go ahead to report this. The automatic scrolling does not seem to serve any logical purpose that I can determine.

I will be back with an update as soon as more information becomes available!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mansart
    Thank you, @Quicken_Tyka, I appreciate the response.

Your suggestion to change the Date sort-order does solve, for a single session, the issue of being left at the oldest transactions. However, 1) Quicken doesn't remember this selection between sessions, (upon closing and re-opening the program it reverts to the old sort order), and 2) it obviously doesn't solve the more frustrating and time-consuming issue of having to wait for all transactions to load before I can do anything.

Again, I really appreciate the response and your reporting the issue. I will be very interested to hear/see what comes of it.

-M
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mansart

Thank you for your patience, an official bug ticket has been opened for this issue.

I do not have an ETA that I am able to provide at this time, however, I will provide updates as more information becomes available.

Thank you again for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue to us!

-Quicken Tyka

CTP-1522 
    ~~~***~~~
  • mansart
    It looks like there were a lot of "improvements" in the March 2022 update, but this issue still hasn't been addressed. Any update?
This discussion has been closed.