Category splits not showing in Paycheck Feature

I enter paychecks using the Paycheck feature. When I look at an entered Paycheck transaction, I can see the category splits when I hover over or click on the category field in the register. However, when I click the checkmark to open the split transaction window, the Paycheck form is empty, nothing but zeroes in all categories. This problem does not occur universally, only on Paychecks that were entered starting sometime in mid-2020.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Instead of clicking on the check mark which opens the transaction as a paycheck, I suggest you press Ctrl + Shift + S which opens the transaction as a split.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Instead of clicking on the check mark which opens the transaction as a paycheck, I suggest you press Ctrl + Shift + S which opens the transaction as a split.
  • Thanks, that got me where I needed to be ... but still seems like there's something not working right about the paycheck format.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, that got me where I needed to be ... but still seems like there's something not working right about the paycheck format.
    You may try the Copy and Validate instructions to see if they'll correct the paycheck corruption: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

What has been known to work is to recreate the paycheck reminder, reenter the paycheck transactions, and avoid synchronizing any of the accounts associated with the paycheck.
  • Thanks again. The Validate process didn't resolve the problem (though it did fix a bunch of other issues). I note your advice to avoid synchronizing accounts with the paycheck; do you think the cloud sync process is at the root of the problem?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks again. The Validate process didn't resolve the problem (though it did fix a bunch of other issues). I note your advice to avoid synchronizing accounts with the paycheck; do you think the cloud sync process is at the root of the problem?
    I suspect the Cloud Sync implementation is at the root of many issues.  
  • AceLandow
    AceLandow Member ✭✭
    I had the same problem and I can now see the splits with CTRL+SHIFT+S. Interestingly I can now also see the data in the Paycheck Form.

But there is another issue that Validate has not corrected. I just ran Bank Summary and Cash Flow Reports on my file and all the split data from any of my paychecks are also missing. I see a total in Salary, but the only detail I get are for a non-paycheck deposit.

I also noticed this morning that there were no errors on the Quicken Cloud Sync in the One Step Update Summary. I see now that the Mobile & Web section is saying "No Alerts, All is well" but there is no Quicken ID listed. Interestingly enough, Quicken on the Web looks pretty good except it is missing most of my credit card accounts.
This discussion has been closed.