Cloud Sync tries to sync offline accounts

Options
Hello!
Whenever I sync, I get a message that says "The account for 'your financial institution' was not synced. [offline account name here]".

I have 6 accounts that are not linked to a financial institution, yet Quicken seems to think that it should be able to download data from a financial institution for these accounts. The accounts in question are: a car, 2 houses, and 3 loans. Did I do something wrong when I set up these accounts? How can I mark these accounts such that Quicken will stop trying to to sync them?

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hello @TedStryker

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

To select which accounts sync to the Mobile/Web applications, please open Quicken and navigate to Mobile & Web and locate the section that is labeled "Accounts Enabled on Mobile and Web."

Then choose the gear icon shown below and choose "Account Settings."

You may then uncheck accounts to remove them from the web/application sync. Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • TedStryker
    TedStryker Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the reply!

The thing is, I DO want to access them through the mobile app. I just don't want them to sync with a financial institution. Are these attributes not separate?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @TedStryker

Thank you for the response. Manually accounts that have been deactivated may be synced to the mobile app.

However, if these accounts have been closed in the program this may cause issues like you are experiencing.

If these have not been closed, I would attempt to uncheck these accounts and sync. I would then check these accounts for sync once more and see if this corrects the issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • rob719
    rob719 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. Seems like manual accounts are having issues syncing with quicken mobile. Never had this issue before and I've been using manual accounts in quicken mobile for a long time. I've tried the fixes above, how else can I troubleshoot this? this is one of the features I use the most. thanks
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @rob719

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. If you're still having issues one thing I would attempt to try is to try remaking the cloud file. This should give us a fresh sync where we don't have the issues with the specific files. I'll leave instructions on how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

Once you get a chance let us know how it goes. If you have any questions please let us know as well.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.