Bond transactions are not updating in account

Options
lcdrhall
lcdrhall Member ✭✭
Mac Premier Version 6.0.3 When Bonds are sold they're reflected correctly in the transactions for the Bond. However the portfolio doesn't update to 0 shares and the account balance still reflects the Bonds as being in the account.

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    When you say 'correctly' ... are you saying that a Sales transaction shows up for that bond?  If so, then all should balance and holdings should go to zero.

What gets downloaded is up to the brokerage, not Quicken... and I've found that Schwab downloads bond maturity transactions as a "Deposit" rather than a "Sale".  So, for each maturing bond I have to manually edit the transaction and change it to a Sale and select the correct bond from the drop-down to get things to clear properly.

Is it possible that your issue is similar?

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• lcdrhall
    lcdrhall Member ✭✭
    Options
    The transaction line for this is still in the shares in the memo Have been zeroed out. Also the cash balance is correct for the entire account. It’s just that in the portfolio section it does not zero out the bonds and they’re still being carried in the market value.
  • lcdrhall
    lcdrhall Member ✭✭
    Options
    PS – – I did have to change from what was sent by the brokerage in order to get zero shares and the cash balance corrected
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @lcdrhall

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response to a follow-up response.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review the information available here regarding placeholder entries and see if there is a placeholder in the account that could be causing the portfolio to not be updated as expected.

If you do locate a placeholder, please take a moment to review the information available here.

If this is not due to a placeholder and this is due to the transaction type/information being downloaded incorrectly, you will need to contact the financial institution directly to report the issue.

Let me know how it goes!

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • lcdrhall
    lcdrhall Member ✭✭
    Options
    Went back to the transaction and adjusted the sheer balance and now the problem has been resolved. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.