Stock value in Accounts Overview Holding screen does not match Account Value?

One stocks total value is not the same in the Account Overview Screen Holdings and the Account Value listed on the Accounts column on left side of main screen?
Any thoughts on why?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• dgreer
    dgreer Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Jim,

Date was okay, current balance is checked.

There was one place holder for 12.xx shares which would not be enough to balance the $. However, when I looked at place holder in register it said it was for 123.xx shares which again would not balance the numbers.

When I tried entering the correct number of shares, to correct place holder; it said share balance was correct.

I don't understand if share balance is correct why the total value in the two screens would be off. I can understand rates of return not being correct since it doesn't have true cost.

I guess if I want to correct it, I could re-enter all the transactions. That would be quite a task since it was payroll deduction for about ten years.

Jim, thanks for the help. I know what to do if I want to correct it, perhaps when I retire.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that one stock the only security in the account? Is there perhaps cash in the account that would account for the difference?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • dgreer
    dgreer Member ✭✭
    Yes, there is only one stock in the account. There is no cash balance. The total value is off over $5k between the two screens.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, is the As of date in the Holdings screen = today and when you click the gear at the top right of the Accounts bar, is Show current balance checked?

Also go to Edit > Preferences > Investing transactions and make sure Show hidden transactions is checked. Go back to the account view and make sure there are no Placeholders that affect this security. Resolve the Placeholders if they are present.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • dgreer
    dgreer Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Jim,

Date was okay, current balance is checked.

There was one place holder for 12.xx shares which would not be enough to balance the $. However, when I looked at place holder in register it said it was for 123.xx shares which again would not balance the numbers.

When I tried entering the correct number of shares, to correct place holder; it said share balance was correct.

I don't understand if share balance is correct why the total value in the two screens would be off. I can understand rates of return not being correct since it doesn't have true cost.

I guess if I want to correct it, I could re-enter all the transactions. That would be quite a task since it was payroll deduction for about ten years.

Jim, thanks for the help. I know what to do if I want to correct it, perhaps when I retire.