Sales Tax Payable Report

Options
I cannot find a report in Quicken Home and Business for Sales Tax Payable. I have the sales tax account set up and I owe sales taxes, however, I need to break down my in-state and out-of-state sales. Also, is there a way to get a sales report by customer? Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• pdallen1970
    pdallen1970 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think you would have to create a sales tax account for each state you collect sales tax for in order to see that.
  • tamig
    tamig Member ✭✭
    Options
    I can see how much I owe per tax entity, however I need to have my gross sales broken out by entity. To complete my Texas sales tax report, I need gross sales, which I have, but I need to know how much of those sales were done in Texas.

Any ideas?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hello @tamig

Thank you for the response and the additional details. If all of the sales tax is housed in one sales tax account, the only option that comes to mind is to add a tag to the Texas Sales transactions manually.

Unfortunately, there is no Sales Tax Payable report. The sales tax transaction is not differentiated in any way automatically to be able to generate this report with additional categorization as these transactions occur.

I apologize that I do not have better news.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tamig said:
    I can see how much I owe per tax entity, however I need to have my gross sales broken out by entity. To complete my Texas sales tax report, I need gross sales, which I have, but I need to know how much of those sales were done in Texas.

Any ideas?
    Perhaps you need to be applying an additional tag on each sale to indicate the state.  
This discussion has been closed.