Can I NOT connect my banks/cards/brokerages to Quicken? {Edited}

Options
Hello,
I am interested in your Home and Business program. Before investing in it, I'm trying to find out if it is necessary to connect to my financial institutions. I would prefer to enter all of my transactions by hand myself. I know you guys have gone out of your way to simplify everything, but I have extreme trust issues...sorry. My wife and I cannot find a top quality financial program that will even allow us to use their program without connecting electronically. We're contemplating going back to the old fashioned paper ledger.

Thank you in advance for your help in this matter.

Joe Gutierrez
[personal info redacted]

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    You will need to connect via the internet at a minimum to install and register the program and for the program to check and see if there are any program updates.  Information about your subscription is kept in the Quicken Cloud Account (QCA) along with the technical information about the data files that are created (no financial data is included in this information).
    You will be able to use the program completely in a manual mode.  There is no requirement to use any of the online banking features.
    There are questions during the install that you need to answer correctly to prevent Quicken from setting your data file up to sync to the QCA to enable the use of QMobile (iPhone/iPad or Android apps) and/or Q-Web (web browser).

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• DericRock
    DericRock Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Joe,
    Longtime user here. I enter the transactions manually on some non-US accounts since Quicken doesn't support connection to those accounts. It works fine. Each account is setup separately so you can mix and match which (if any) accounts are connected.
    You can also choose to setup investment accounts manually, but then just get the stock prices downloaded.
    Note: I do think you need to connect to Quicken to authorize the application, and to get updates. But after that I'm pretty sure you can work fully offline.
    Good luck,
    Deric
    Quicken user since 1995, now using Premier Subscription on Win10 Home.
This discussion has been closed.